Increasing hostility on BITOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice that for those who make all those baseless drive by accusations after they get their incorrect points handed back to them recoil in emotionally charged rants resorting to the fact less, proof less ad hom attacks to cover up the total lack of quality of their challenges then run off declaring a victory where there was none.

You can tell that because in spite of the ranting, they never actually effectively refute the points they claim were wrong- they just say so.
You mean like the guys who never post up any technical links to back-up their claims, or to refute the claims of others that they claim are wrong?

That's the textbook mark of unqualified people who make arguments based on things they don't personally grasp ( they argue numbers other people did) because its all they got. They have to have a "link" like an addict needs a fix because without it- they have nothing to say. Intellectual conversation otherwise is just beyond them.
There is more validity in backing up a claim with some good technical links then just saying something (with multiple claims of being some kind of super SME). The majority of the most technical members here (who don't brag about themselves) post up technical links all the time to support their claims and viewpoint - anyone who's been here a long time knows that. So saying that people that don't know anything because they post up technical links is just an excuse to cover up why someone doesn't do that themselves, and instead just claims to be a super genius on every subject on Earth and expect everyone to believe it.

They use that " on demand" feigned arguing as some sort of shield they think vindicates them and hides the real truth and that's what starts the hostility.
You mean like your growing hostility as this discussion continues?

You mean like the guys who never post up any technical links to back-up their claims, or to refute the claims of others that they claim are wrong?

Its a matter of efficiency. Those who know the subject and are qualified to speak don't need the links. ( many SME's here don't post a link with everything they say) Also, with the bulk of SME's here in various disciplines, the fact those "guys" you reference don't get "pummeled' with the 'real facts" from these other SME's who read the same posts shores up the reality that the posts from these "guys" was correct in its own right.

Its the link posters who don't like this because without their link doing all the heavy lifting- they have little else to contribute to the point so they show their vulnerability, jealousy, and overall weakness in the subject in question by hostility and ranting. They cant discuss technical points- they just post links.

I do try to humor them until their puerile behavior reaches a point.

The majority of the most technical members here (who don't brag about themselves) post up technical links all the time to support their claims and viewpoint - anyone who's been here a long time knows that. So saying that people that don't know anything because they post up technical links is just an excuse to cover up why someone doesn't do that themselves, and instead just claims to be a super genius on every subject on Earth and expect everyone to believe it.

Not at all. Trolls, losers and disturbed people often use Alinsky type methods to make baseless accusations such as denigrating generic statements of fact as personal qualities such as bragging because its all they have. They cannot refute the point and that point upsets their world view (and often reveals weaknesses in their positions) so they personalize it by making false emotionally based claims such as the person is bragging, they think they are so smart and all that juvenile bantering.

See above,, they don't need the link because they have the same knowledge and authority as the link and can go into greater depth as it specifically applies than a link. ( all qualities those with weak positions simply revile at and start getting all hostile and personal- they have no other recourse)

As you yourself pointed out above in the appeal to authority above- those "real board experts who post links" don't refute the "wrong linkless points"' by these "guys- why you think that is? I'll tell you why because those linkless points are correct and stand on their own merits.

You mean like your growing hostility as this discussion continues?
Not me, I just state facts as they are- no emotion at all.

Its a matter of efficiency. Those who know the subject and are qualified to speak don't need the links. ( many SME's here don't post a link with everything they say)
They actually do use technical links quite often, especially when they are asked to back-up a claim that might get some push back on a claim that's not readily believed. That's the difference between someone who thinks they are a SME trying to fool people to believe what they say, verses an actual SME that can link up info to prove he's accurate in their claims. A real SME has no problem showing some kind of technical source link to back up his position. Been that way since BITOG was created.

Also, with the bulk of SME's here in various disciplines, the fact those "guys" you reference don't get "pummeled' with the 'real facts" from these other SME's who read the same posts shores up the reality that the posts from these "guys" was correct in its own right.

Its the link posters who don't like this because without their link doing all the heavy lifting- they have little else to contribute to the point so they show their vulnerability, jealousy, and overall weakness in the subject in question by hostility and ranting. They cant discuss technical points- they just post links.

I do try to humor them until their puerile behavior reaches a point.
LoL ... especially the last sentence.

Not at all. Trolls, losers and disturbed people often use Alinsky type methods to make baseless accusations such as denigrating generic statements of fact as personal qualities such as bragging because its all they have.
You mean like bragging all the time that they are a super SME in every subject matter? And when they actually try to discuss certain technical matters it's obvious they don't fully grasp simple logic, and will deflect and never post any kind of technical link to support their misconceived claims?

They cannot refute the point and that point upsets their world view (and often reveals weaknesses in their positions) so they personalize it by making false emotionally based claims such as the person is bragging, they think they are so smart and all that juvenile bantering.
Like obvious bragging all the time that they are some super SME, and that people should listen to them without ever posting up a supporting technical link?

See above,, they don't need the link because they have the same knowledge and authority as the link and can go into greater depth as it specifically applies than a link. ( all qualities those with weak positions simply revile at and start getting all hostile and personal- they have no other recourse)
LoL ... not without some proof, like even a few technical links.

As you yourself pointed out above in the appeal to authority above- those "real board experts who post links" don't refute the "wrong linkless points"' by these "guys- why you think that is? I'll tell you why because those linkless points are correct and stand on their own merits.
So if someone who "thinks" they are some super SME says something, especially if inaccurate, everyone should just sit back and believe them. There's a difference between what someone thinks and says is true, and the actual truth. Not many people sit back and just accept misinformation or misconceptions based on only words without some kind of supporting proof if that's what it takes.

Not me, I just state facts as they are- no emotion at all.
Yeah, I'm with ya ... just the facts ^^^.

They actually do use technical links quite often, especially when they are asked to back-up a claim that might get some push back on a claim that's not readily believed. That's the difference between someone who thinks they are a SME trying to fool people to believe what they say, verses an actual SME that can link up info to prove he's accurate in their claims. A real SME has no problem showing some kind of technical source link to back up his position. Been that way since BITOG was created.

Who is this "they" of whom you speak?

Let me help you understand how things actually work at the SME level.

The SME ( in a given field) has the professional qualifications, experience and other requirements which establish the basis for the title.

Then when they speak- they carry the authority of that role. The content of the information stands on its own merit for the world to accept ( or not). SME's don't need to "back up" anything (controversial or not) or not. The burden of any legitimate challenge is on the challenger of a given point ( not the SME) to FIRST specify the point in contention, present the alternate case ( to whatever depth it takes) then the peer review begins. ( the challenger has to present their case and be prepared to get what they just gave out)

To directly address the bold, the SME IS a "technical source" and can address it from experience.

Link posters who think because they have a link that means they know "things' don't have that level of knowledge or ability to debate a controversial point- they simply argue in various volumes. That's why they are usually just humored then ignored. Those people do not warrant the effort or consideration ( by the weakness of their position being a link is the only thing they have) to go to any significant length to appease or satisfy them.

I hope that helps you understand

Like obvious bragging all the time

I would like a "link" to all this alleged "bragging" you keep referring to so it can be reviewed properly. Surely you 9 the link demander0 has such that back up your claim don't you? Lets have one illustrating this "bragging".

LoL ... not without some proof, like even a few technical links.

See, I would hold you to the same standard you say you demand. Lets see these "errors" and all this "bragging' you claim. The burden is on you- I'm not aware of any.

So if someone who "thinks" they are some super SME says something, especially if inaccurate, everyone should just sit back and believe them. There's a difference between what someone thinks and says is true, and the actual truth. Not many people sit back and just accept misinformation or misconceptions based on only words without some kind of supporting proof if that's what it takes.

The silence from all these other SME's you claim review everything with links should answer that quite nicely. That fact alone should tell one the points they may feel in question actually are not and are correct and maybe some self introspection is in order. I see you reference "misinformation" and "misconceptions" but never actually produce one for peer review.

Why is that?

Who is this "they" of whom you speak?
If you were here for 10+ years, you'd know who they are.

Let me help you understand how things actually work at the SME level.

The SME ( in a given field) has the professional qualifications, experience and other requirements which establish the basis for the title.

Then when they speak- they carry the authority of that role. The content of the information stands on its own merit for the world to accept ( or not). SME's don't need to "back up" anything (controversial or not) or not. The burden of any legitimate challenge is on the challenger of a given point ( not the SME) to FIRST specify the point in contention, present the alternate case ( to whatever depth it takes) then the peer review begins. ( the challenger has to present their case and be prepared to get what they just gave out)

To directly address the bold, the SME IS a "technical source" and can address it from experience.
Many times, so called SMEs are challenged on this board ... and the challenger often does post links to back-up their viewpoint if they have a valid point in the discussion. That's also what a real SME does. Of course the poser SME will discount the information, and claim and brag that they are the super SME and that everyone should believe them, but they will never post any kind of technical link to back up their claim, or to use it to discredit the other guy's technical info. It's all just a smoke screen, because the real SMEs here post technical links all the time to back-up their claims in discussions. If a "real SME" has the viewpoint that they can just say whatever they want, and brag about their 'qualifications' and expect everyone to believe it, then they come across as operating in their own narcissistic world.

Link posters who think because they have a link that means they know "things' don't have that level of knowledge or ability to debate a controversial point- they simply argue in various volumes. That's why they are usually just humored then ignored. Those people do not warrant the effort or consideration ( by the weakness of their position being a link is the only thing they have) to go to any significant length to appease or satisfy them.

I hope that helps you understand
Yes, it helps to understand why so called self proclaimed SMEs never post technical links and instead operate behind a facade because they really aren't as technically knowledgeable as they try to portray, and can't ever post up links to support their claims. Real SMEs are not allergic to, and have no problem posting technical links in technical discussions.

I would like a "link" to all this alleged "bragging" you keep referring to so it can be reviewed properly. Surely you 9 the link demander0 has such that back up your claim don't you? Lets have one illustrating this "bragging".

See, I would hold you to the same standard you say you demand. Lets see these "errors" and all this "bragging' you claim. The burden is on you- I'm not aware of any.
Seems some of it slipped out a little in this thread.

The silence from all these other SME's you claim review everything with links should answer that quite nicely. That fact alone should tell one the points they may feel in question actually are not and are correct and maybe some self introspection is in order. I see you reference "misinformation" and "misconceptions" but never actually produce one for peer review.

Why is that?
Because only poser SMEs will never prove anything they claim when asked for some technical info source to back-up their claims. I've ask quite often for some kind of technical reference in threads with heavy technical discussion going on, but typically none are ever produced. They just come across along the lines of "believe me, I'm a SME". Why is that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back