Inability to Choose

I used to be bad about using the same oil forever.
Now I tend to use whatever is cheapest.

2018 F150 3.5 Ecoboost

OCI #1 - Pennzoil Gold Dexos (found at local Wholesale place like a Big Lot's).

OCI #2 - Mobil 1 (On sale at Walmart + Rebate).

OCI #3 - Motorcraft Blend WSS-M2C961-A1 (Free at Dealer)

I guess it doesn't matter as long as it meets spec. Truth is they change formula about every other oil change anyway

In turbo engines I don't like conventional or blends even if they claim spec, from those you posted I would feel better about it with Mobil 1 in the sump.

49.gif

Originally Posted by Trav
In turbo engines I don't like conventional or blends even if they claim spec, from those you posted I would feel better about it with Mobil 1 in the sump.

49.gif

Bad thing is I actually like Pennzoil Gold Dexos 1.2 specs better than PP. As to the new MC I used still no Data Sheet so who knows.

I'd probably go with the Mobil 1. Priced right and meets specs.
Only blend I would go with would be Motorcraft.

Originally Posted by Gene K
I used to be bad about using the same oil forever.

2018 F150 3.5 Ecoboost

OCI #1 - Pennzoil Gold Dexos (found at local Wholesale place like a Big Lot's).

OCI #2 - Mobil 1 (On sale at Walmart + Rebate).

OCI #3 - Motorcraft Blend WSS-M2C961-A1 (Free at Dealer)

I guess it doesn't matter as long as it meets spec. Truth is they change formula about every other oil change anyway

Mobil1 0W40, Castrol Edge 0W40.

Originally Posted by Trav

49.gif

Agree.

Originally Posted by gfh77665
I would choose "free at dealer" for sure. But if you really just want something else, how could you ever go wrong with Mobil 1?

Dealers are the equivalent of Stan on this board....they are all crooked....at least on BITOG.

I don't think our local dealer ever competes with big city prices ... but our small town service department seems better than many of the big city SD's.
The SM, techs, and parts folks are steady employees when there is only one show in town.

Originally Posted by 4WD
I don't think our local dealer ever competes with big city prices ... but our small town service department seems better than many of the big city SD's.
The SM, techs, and parts folks are steady employees when there is only one show in town.

Great point 4wd.... The type of people make the difference in service departments. It is definitely true that not all SDs are bad.... There are very good ones out there too.

The Motorcraft may be just fine, but I'd feel more comfortable using something like M1/PP.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The title is somewhat misleading
coffee2.gif

Dad's Escape, (2015, 2.0EB, ~50k mi.) had Dealer changes until last year. at which point he took it to the local VIOC, who charged him around $90, and suckered him into an air filter he didn't need... another $25...

it's Currently running Meijer Full Syn 5w30(D1G2), w/ a Wix Filter.

Originally Posted by buster
The Motorcraft may be just fine, but I'd feel more comfortable using something like M1/PP.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Post Of The Day...... thanks Buster.
thumbsup2.gif

Back