3. Ram 1500
4. Toyota Tundra
5. Nissan Titan

3CD8F77A-0993-4A6A-BE1D-F6949A3F6696.jpeg

A9FFD0C4-5C68-4752-A229-62323833AD5B.jpeg

BAC36EE4-03EE-43BD-A7DD-736C68FD051F.jpeg

33FB2050-52BA-406A-BD21-6F22732EB96F.jpeg

8889B17D-4E7B-4DD0-9742-293041F6EBB0.jpeg

So Ford, RAM and Nissan all get a "1", Chevy gets a "2" and Toyota gets a "3" is that the intended takeaway?

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
So Ford, RAM and Nissan all get a "1", Chevy gets a "2" and Toyota gets a "3" is that the intended takeaway?

You be the judge and jury, I just posted the pics for kicks and giggles. Pics don't lie

Originally Posted by kstanf150

You be the judge and jury, I just posted the pics for kicks and giggles. Pics don't lie

I was going by the comments, as that's what they seem to convey.

I'd say 4 look pretty good to me. But there's one thats called most reliable truck in the market failed terribly in my opinion.

Last edited:
The Titan and the Ram are very impressive. The Ford and Chevy held their own as well. The Tundra is a real disappointment, however. That's a truck that is in desperate need of overhaul, from the powerplant to the safety/design.

interesting what kind of crash was this?

full front? off set? small overlap? or whatever the correct terms are.

Thanks for posting it.

I'd say 4 look pretty good to me. But there's one thats called most reliable truck in the market failed terribly in my opinion.

The GM had a bit of movement down near the foot (you can see the leg and foot location) but other than that appears to have done reasonably well, but I think that's why the ranking was:

Ford - maintained well
RAM - maintained well
Nissan - maintained well

GM - maintained reasonably well

Toyota - not maintained well

Originally Posted by Rand
interesting what kind of crash was this?

full front? off set? small overlap? or whatever the correct terms are.

Thanks for posting it.

Small Off set Overlap

Last edited:
Surprised the Silverado didn't hold up better...it's the newest truck on the market right now and they sure do love touting how steel is stronger than aluminum. Not surprising seeing the Tundra perform poorly...it's a platform engineered about 15 years ago well before the small off set overlap was even a thing.

The IIHS' headlight testing is probably my favorite test from them...headlight glare has just been getting worse so it's nice to see that there's now some pressure on OEs to improve their designs.

Originally Posted by TXCarGeek
Surprised the Silverado didn't hold up better...it's the newest truck on the market right now and they sure do love touting how steel is stronger than aluminum. Not surprising seeing the Tundra perform poorly...it's a platform engineered about 15 years ago well before the small off set overlap was even a thing.

The IIHS' headlight testing is probably my favorite test from them...headlight glare has just been getting worse so it's nice to see that there's now some pressure on OEs to improve their designs.

True
The headlight rating is very important
The F150 does not rate very well (standard headlights)
Ford needs to upgrade !

Last edited:
IIHS changed the requirements to qualify for their Top Safety Pick+ award thankfully...the lights have to rate Good or Acceptable and be standard equipment to earn that award.

IIHS changed the requirements to qualify for their Top Safety Pick+ award thankfully...the lights have to rate Good or Acceptable and be standard equipment to earn that award.

Ford F-150 rates Poor !

Not good for the # 1 selling vehicle !

Ford can do better !

Last edited:
Even the Toyota looks survivable, a sign that we need some wildcard testing that they don't design for like spinning rollovers off a cliff, different frontal offsets, side impacts, plowing over a Prius and landing on it (with and w/o skid plates), etc.

Last edited:

Ford F-150 rates Poor !

Not good for the # 1 selling vehicle !

Ford can do better !

Hopefully they take care of it quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back