Idemitsu CTV transmission juice - walmart

Bought myself a case of this a few days ago. Came in today. Legit Deal. Confirmed. Get it while it’s HOT.

This Lube, although labeled as NS-2 for Nissan will work in A TON of CVT transmissions.

IMG_3269.jpg

I use their motor oil. Never tried their transmission juice. tks :)

I have used their TLS and TLS-LV regular ATFs. Didn’t formally test them but noticed no difference vs. the Mobil 3309 equivalent (TLS) or LV equivalents for the other. I view it as a trusted brand and if I find a good deal on it, I’ll snap it up.

I've been getting the Idemitsu NS3 for my Nissans. It's even the bluish color OE fluid is. 10 a quart on rockauto.

Slightly more expensive than Maxlife.
🤨 🤔 Show me Maxlife CVT Fluid.

Valvoline’s Synthetic CVT (which is probably what you meant) by the gallon from Walmart is also on sale right now for $35.69 (from $41.99) and that comes out to $8.92 / quart.

I was going to buy the Valvoline until I saw this also on sale and CHEAPER so I bought a case of it instead. 💪🏻😎👍🏼

Not an endorsement here, but they do claim CVT:

If you are into OEM (vs. Universal), this may be a good option - I would have chosen Idemitsu (OEM of Subaru) for our Subaru OB CVT but Eneos was cheaper :) basically the same spec.

Valvoline’s Synthetic CVT (which is probably what you meant) by the gallon from Walmart is also on sale right now for $35.69 (from $41.99) and that comes out to $8.92 / quart.

I was going to buy the Valvoline until I saw this also on sale and CHEAPER so I bought a case of it instead. 💪🏻😎👍🏼
Yeah, $6.48 per quart here for Maxlife. The fluid type is listed as acceptable.

I have used their TLS and TLS-LV regular ATFs. Didn’t formally test them but noticed no difference vs. the Mobil 3309 equivalent (TLS) or LV equivalents for the other. I view it as a trusted brand and if I find a good deal on it, I’ll snap it up.
Have you mix TLS and TLS-LV? I got a bunch of both when AZ had them for $2/qt. I used the TLS-LV in 2012 highlander but still have a bunch of TLS..

Yes, too bad the Idemitsu N3 CVT fluid for my SUV is $20.98 a quart. It's seven bucks cheaper at Napa. I'm using the N3 fluid while the vehicle is still under warranty.

Valvoline CVT fluid is not red and works well in Jatco CVTs. Its what I use in most CVTs due to color (not void warranty) and performance.

Valvoline CVT fluid is not red and works well in Jatco CVTs. Its what I use in most CVTs due to color (not void warranty) and performance.
Other than the horrible smell of the Valvoline, I've also had no issues with it in a Jatco

Yeah, $6.48 per quart here for Maxlife. The fluid type is listed as acceptable.

“Acceptable “….

Call me crazy, nuts, or whatever…

But there was zero percent chance I would have ever put that Maxlife ATF/ CVT fluid in my ol Nissan Altima VQ.

With a CVT working upon traction coefficient and regular ATF operating on coefficient of friction… I am just not wandering off and trying that in a car of mine.

That doesn’t mean in the long term that the Castrol and Maxlife ATF&CVT fluids may well be just fine and good to go. They may well be just fine.

Yes, too bad the Idemitsu N3 CVT fluid for my SUV is $20.98 a quart. It's seven bucks cheaper at Napa. I'm using the N3 fluid while the vehicle is still under warranty.
I ordered the N3 fluid from napaonline, but they cancelled the order because the minimum order is a 12 quart case. I ended up buying my four quarts from O'Reilly online with a coupon.

Dirt cheap I just paid $94 for 5 quarts on the bay. idemitso makes a lot of import fluids. Subaru were all Idemitso. Think they still are... I ran Valvoline max life universal transmission oil once at 70,000 miles ish. it was approved as HP and recommended by the auto parts supplier. The Subie tranny slipped banged and was very unhappy. So was I. Long story after a pcm and tcm reset per their recommendation it still groaned miserably. After 16 plus quarts of Genuine subaru HP fluids and filters and an earful from my beloved, all was well again after the dust settled. I stayed with Subaru and idemitso branded trans fluid and never had any issues, now at 176,000 miles. Somethings just have to be done certain ways, and let me tell you something here and now. Subarus are very loyal. As most know, loyalty is a 2 way street. Do what you want. you've been warned here, My Sue "b" forgave me. Yours may not. May work well in other brands. OEM transmission fluids for all my vehicles always since then. Zero issues.

Back