I put a gallon of MMO in my gas tank...

Yes I know the correct ratio as I have been following it for years since I started to understand the combustion engine. But since this truck has the "bulletproof" Small Block 350 - I decided to try this overdose.

As explained above - It ran on 4 cylinders due to the fact that the other 4 were too soaked in MMO/gas to create a spark at any type of load.

Ah, the 'ole Marvel MISERY Oil.

crackmeup2.gif

MMO works wonders in small engines. I don't think I'd use this quantity in a large gas engine. I run 4 oz per 5 gallons in small engines I never have those ethanol issues.

I suspect the O2 and knock sensors were feeding erroneous data to the computer and because of this out-of-bounds data it really confused control of the spark timing and injector pulse widths.

As another poster mentioned, you may want to change oil and filter pronto.

For absolutely no reason and purely for S&G I have added a gallon of Seafoam to the gas tank before fill up... (Got a good deal on it, so why not...) Halfway through the tank, zero side effects so far.

P.S. It's just fun, for the purpose of "Let's see what happens".
banana2.gif

Originally Posted by Vladiator

For absolutely no reason and purely for S&G I have added a gallon of Seafoam to the gas tank before fill up... (Got a good deal on it, so why not...) Halfway through the tank, zero side effects so far.

P.S. It's just fun, for the purpose of "Let's see what happens".
banana2.gif

Those results don't surprise me. It might have done some cleaning too.

Originally Posted by Vladiator

Moral of the story? Don't put a gallon of MMO in your gas tank, .

I applaud your effort. While it may seem self evident to most of us that MMO in large concentrations is unhelpful, just what exactly happens is another matter.

I wonder if it had any cleaning effect?
More than likely, it did, in that concentration -- probably now have a very clean fuel tank, float mechanism, fuel lines...

I thought I read on the bottle and it said "dump this entire gallon in your fuel tank" and you will receive a mystery fault on your dash within 40 miles. I think it works guys!

Back