I hate Florida twice a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ha, all those elderly men with patio screen on the front of their white Crown Vic's with blue vinyl tops were not so stupid after all......

I picked the right weekend I guess to visit FL. I noticed disgusting cars and also the pool at our condo is infested with them.

Last edited:
One of many things I do not miss about FL - spent 10 years in various parts of that state and will never look back. Great place to take a vacation but not to live.

Had these things destroy the hood and front bumper paint job on a 1997 Acura Integra. Drove to Ft.Lauderdale from Jacksonville and had maybe 30% of what was pictured above, car sat in Ft. Lauderdale sun with these bugs on it for 3 days - even after 2 detailing jobs the front bumper and hood were so pitted the car still needed a paint job. These were young and dumb days so getting love bugs off the car was not top priority.

I had a truck route through South Georgia during lovebug season, and I would carry a can of Sprayway foamy glass cleaner in the truck. I would spray it on at the truckstop, let it set for a minute and the bugs come right off. In a pinch you can spray some on the windshield and use your w/s washers and wipers.

Try pouring Coca-Cola on your windshield
It's a great bug cleaner. An old trick my father would do back in the day before 24 hour truck stops and car washing places
It works ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by Silverado12
I had a truck route through South Georgia during lovebug season, and I would carry a can of Sprayway foamy glass cleaner in the truck. I would spray it on at the truckstop, let it set for a minute and the bugs come right off. In a pinch you can spray some on the windshield and use your w/s washers and wipers.

Won't Sprayway damage the paint on the bumper?

Originally Posted by P10crew
Coke on the wind shield? Ummmmm hmmmmmm!

Just try it once and see

The great thing about my Rams is that the grille is attached to the hood and comes up with it. When I need to put a screen over the condenser and intercooler, it's very easy.

Doesn't save the rest of the vehicle fr these monsters, though. RainX seems to help keep them from depositing on the windshield. They keep washing off well enough. But the washer fluid goes fast. Have to stop frequently enough to refill.

A good coat of fresh wax keeps them from taking to the paint. Not hard to wash off that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back