I got a trade offer for my m57 Tokarev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Private sales and trades are legal in Texas fwiw*

Posted my M57 Tokarev on TexasGunTrader, anyway, bunch of people were offering me stuff, one that stood out is a surplus Israeli Kareen MK II (Hi Power Clone)

The Tokarev is fun and all, but the price of non corrosive ammo is pretty pricey compared to other calibers. Anyone know anything about Kareens? Some clones of Hi Powers are junk, I figure since this was once the israeli sidearm, it should be pretty on point in build quality.

Thanks

Edit:
Apparently IDF only used BHPs, the Kareen is a civilian clone of the BHP? Idk

Last edited:
I would not assume that anything made in Israel is high quality it could be just as likely, complete junk.

For what it's worth why be concerned about corrosive ammo or not? Don't they have a chrome-lined barrel? My CZ-82 does. Commie guns shoot commie ammo just fine in my experience.

Originally Posted by wdn
I would not assume that anything made in Israel is high quality it could be just as likely, complete junk.

For what it's worth why be concerned about corrosive ammo or not? Don't they have a chrome-lined barrel? My CZ-82 does. Commie guns shoot commie ammo just fine in my experience.

Most ranges around here will not allow for magnetic or corrosive primer. Both indoor and outdoor ranges especially. Being outside of a military post, EPA is rampant on keeping the soil and water in check. As for the indoor ranges, corrosive/magnetic ammo I guess ruins their backstop

it sounds like a fair swap. Certainly you will save on ammo cost. If it's a decent clone spare parts are easy to come by just check Brownell's.

Join the Browning Hi Power Facebook page and ask your questions. There's a guy named Avi Mor on there. Gunsmith who lives in Israel. Very knowledgeable about BHPs and speaks excellent English.

Is it an even trade?

The only reason I could think of to keep a Tokarev is because the ammunition is inherently light armor-piercing, but as you said it's not common ammo and would be corrosive if you ran into any milsurp stuff.

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis

Most ranges around here will not allow for magnetic or corrosive primer. Both indoor and outdoor ranges especially. Being outside of a military post, EPA is rampant on keeping the soil and water in check. As for the indoor ranges, corrosive/magnetic ammo I guess ruins their backstop

That's interesting. Most places I've been, indoor or out are strict on only allowing non magnetic projectiles. Have never been to one that doesn't allow corrosive ammo though.

My M57 is one of my favorite pistols. I buy my ammo from Classic Firearms for around $15 per box. Their shipping is very reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back