Hyundai Veloster N Oils?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I have been a very long time lurker (off and on through several years), and have bought a new Hyundai Veloster N! So far absolutely love the car and plan on driving the [censored] out of it.
As soon as I got home of course I had to read through the owners manual and look at specs/recommendations and the oil spec made me ponder on some of the possible oils. It calls out for SAE 0W-30 / API Latest (ILSAC Latest) or ACEA C2 oil.
A lot of the C2 oils I've looked at seem very rare and pricy, so wanted to get your guy's opinion on an oil to run in this 275HP 2.0L T-GDI engine! I commute a lot (~75 miles per day) and will drive it hard on weekends and occasionally on my commute.

Thanks!

Also on an interesting note anything from 10 F and above I can run 15W40 to 0W30 based on the Temp Range chart provided

Would you be able to let us know the exact wording, just so we know what kind of wiggle room you actually have? It looks like the specifications are pretty open ended by today's standards, but it's always good to know if we are up against something foolish like mutually exclusive recommendations.

I would imagine a Euro-spec oil or one meeting dexos2 would work fine in 0W-30/0W-40/5W-40 grades. M1 Euro formula and Castrol Edge European formula seem to be the easiest to find, and with GM pushing for dexos2 oil as standard for the newest Corvettes, M1 ESP 0W-40 might get easier to fine.

ACEA C2 oil is harder to find locally but can be head online - Liqui Moly, Amsoil, and PP Euro are examples of that.

Id use mobil, castrol, valvoline, or pp that meets the 0w30 and API/ ILSAC standards. No need for a 40 weight in a daily driven stock turbo car. Great car! Enjoy!

Bumping this thread to see if any other members want to chime in with their thoughts. I'm planning on buying a veloster n later this year and have been researching here on which 0w-30 to go with. PP Euro LX is highly regarded but Mobil 1 AFE is the only 0w-30 I can find which is rated API SN Plus which is designed to combat LSPI.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
So you oppose ordering oil online, at places like Walmart.com and shipped to your nearest store?

No, I do not but I'm not sure how that was inferred from my post. I know Euro LX can be found at advance auto and Mobil 1 AFE is readily available. Again I'm not opposed to ordering online, especially for more boutique oil that is API SN or SN+ rated to maintain warranty.

Originally Posted by Marco620
Run best oil you can.

I completely agree, which is why I'm asking for advice from the experts
smile.gif

Slightly off topic but why is Mobil 1 0w-30 the only 0w-30 oil rated for SN Plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back