How Often To Use CRC IVC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For GDI intake valve cleaning , how often (i.e. in miles) would you use the product to maintain clean intake valves ? I drive a 2017 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L GDI use top tier gas , use synthetic D1 / Gen 2 oil changed every 4K - 5K miles (if that has any bearing on intake valve cleaning schedule) .

Honestly you'd probably have to run a can every single day to keep those valves clean. But if it makes you feel better, use it every time you do an oil change (every 4K). I don't think it's too to help much, but if it makes you feel better do it.

That's the key with vehicle maintenance...if it makes you feel better? Do it. Honestly. If you plan on keeping a car a long time you have to do things that you believe in/makes you feel good. It keeps you motivated.

Luckily for you the 2.4L engine is pretty easy to remove the intake on (if I remember) and you could manually clean the valves every 40,000-50,000 miles if you really want to.

Every oil change would probably be optimum. I've used Carb/Intake cleaners also at oil change time with my CTS 3.6DI. I am sure it does alteast something to help but doesn't get it all out.

Probably every 25k to 50k miles, but you won't know until you take a look at the valves. Contrary to the naysayers there's no one-size-fits-all. All engines are different due to differences in the PCV design. All tell tale sign is a drop in mpgs and rough running.

Depends how well you want to clean your wallet.
smile.gif

Well I used the CRC GDI cleaner once on my Subaru. I decided it was time after it started idling rough. It did seem to help the idle but im not sure I'd go it again. I just use injector cleaner every oil change. Car has 98K on it and curently no idle issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back