how often do you use the sunroof on your car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't own a car that had a sun roof ,..passed buying a few cars that had a sun roof over the years

I like mine for the same reasons as the other respondents like theirs. I like leaving the shade open because it makes the cabin feel airy. I love having it open on cool mornings with the heat on. It's nice to have partially open when parked on hot days to keep the cabin cooler. Nice when I don't want to use the ac. It's much quieter than having the windows down and more private since the windows are tinted.

All of my cars will have a sunroof. It's just another option. With the shade closed, it's like it's not even there. I only do that on the hottest and sunniest of days with the ac cranking.

I've never opened the sunroof on our three cars that have them. On the rare times I buy a new car I order it without that option or, if it's standard equipment, I have it deleted.

Open occasionally however my use case is winter.

The glass ones make great greenhouses with shade open in car on a sunny winter day. They also make the vehicle feel way bigger inside due to lighting. On a sunny 30F day our Tiguan is warm inside as it has a Panasonic sunroof that glass runs from front to cargo area with glass.

Open the sunroof and live in fear of it not closing.- NO THANKS

Take sunroofs, leather and alloy wheels and stick 'em in your nose. I prefer the money in my pocket, thank you.

First FIND the drain holes then buy expensive, long pipe cleaners from a chemistry supply shop then reassure yourself you're not breaking cheap, embrittled plastic tubing whilst cleaning them. That's a big negatorie good buddy.

If ventilation and the esthetics work for you, great.

Never. I live in hot, humid Florida and there are only a few weeks of the year in the Spring and Fall where you can use it. A/C is king. I hate having to pay for something I don't use, but all of the upgraded packages include it.

I use mine pretty regularly during spring and fall when weather allows - summer its just too much heat blowing in the car. I would say 50-60 times a year its cranked open.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Open occasionally however my use case is winter.

The glass ones make great greenhouses with shade open in car on a sunny winter day. They also make the vehicle feel way bigger inside due to lighting. On a sunny 30F day our Tiguan is warm inside as it has a Panasonic sunroof that glass runs from front to cargo area with glass.

The sunshade will eventually fail unfortunately - the panoramic is the same used in the Jetta Sportwagen. Sunshade on my '12 is broken (detached from the pull/push bar) and is being replaced under CPO warranty tomorrow.

Never, in fact I am planning on doing a sunroof delete on the GP when I find a donor with no hole I can get a roof center section from.

If it's there, I'll use it occasionally, but if it's not there, I won't miss it. I ordered my SRT without one.

The one in my BMW is broken, and I haven't bothered to fix it for quite some time now. I probably never will.

Only had one car with one, and I used it a couple times a year, mostly in spring when the weather had a sudden warm spell, and it'd be nice to crack. Most of the time I had the shade pulled over it so I wouldn't have sun on my head. Leaked water a couple times too. In the end a sunroof is probably going to be a disqualifier for future purchases. I don't hate them, they have their moments, but they really don't serve a good purpose for me.

My wife hates them though, and won't have anything to do with them. We're both a/c people though, rarely drive with the windows down.

My DD has one that also tilts open, so it's basically dual function. It's at least tilted open if it's above freezing and I'm not on the highway. The actual panel fully opened is more for morning and evening driving in spring through fall. I don't like the sun roasting my head during the middle of the days. It's especially nice at night when warm enough. If given a choice, I'd have one on every car.

Our Edge has the huge "panorama" roof and I don't like it. More difficult than it should be to operate and it's noisy when open.

My Maxima and Pacifica have sunroofs, I use them daily when weather permits. I like to have fresh air in the car and I guess the ambient noise, because I always drive with the window cracked or sunroof open. Sunroof is pretty high on the list of options I look for in a car, but not a dealbreaker; I've owned a few cars without one. The window rain guards are the first thing to go on a car I buy, so I can keep the window cracked even in inclement weather.

My wife must hate them (I've never asked) because when I get in the car the sunshade (sunroof cover thing) is always shut closed, so I assume she never uses it.

The wife's 2006 Cadillac and now the 2017 Equinox she bought a week ago has sunroof. I never open the thing. Only time it gets opened is when she is behind the wheel. I have no desire to use the thing, I am old school. I like side window down. I suppose if one factors in the shade that can be pulled to close off the sunroof, then it never really gets closed so the sunroof is "technically" used all the time. My 2015 2500 is all solid roof, so it is a non issue. Sunroof, to me, just seems like another place that can be a problem if it leaks. Makes no sense to me to have one. But I must keep marital harmony in the house, so I don't really say much about the wife's vehicles.

Every trip - 90% tilt up, 10% open.

I won't own a vehicle without one, car or truck.

UD

We leave the sun shade part open in the truck, as the light coming in is nice. The Jeep's is generally closed. Both have the big panoramic roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back