how often do you use the sunroof on your car

Status
Not open for further replies.
most of the cars i have owned have had sunroof. mostly i had no choice as they came standard with the trim. i can say that i just never use it . So how often do you use the sunroof in your car? would you care if it was not there?

My Accord has a sunroof, I used it once a week or so. Yes, I would miss it. I have to say though, I would avoid pano sunroofs. Too many problems.

I use it all the time
smile.gif

The Malibu has one. I never use it.
I asked my wife "Honey how often do you use the sunroof?"

Her exact response "I have a sunroof?"

So there you go.

The 300 has the big panoramic one, I don't ever open the shade let alone the actual sunroof. My wife wishes her van had one though.

Honda Pilot EX-L ... use the sunroof maybe 6 times a year. Maybe. Sunroof is included in every trim but the base model. You want ANY options, you get the sunroof too !

I was recently looking for a certain model of car that had an optional sunroof. I wanted one without, as the extra inch + of headroom is important. Not one in the entire country WITHOUT the sunroof.

When I had my Elantra, almost every time I drove it.
My drive to work was at 6 am, drive home was the next day at 8 am, Even on the hottest Houston day, 60 mph with windows down and sunroof open was comfortable in the morning.
Loved cold days, sunroof open, heat on.
It was my first vehicle with one and I used it.

My wife's Santa Fe has a Panoramic sunroof.
We have had it for 5 months, nice cool weather since we have had it. She has opened the sunroof once since we got it, and that was in the driveway when I showed her how to do it.
She does love having the screen open though, as do our teenagers when riding in the back, they say it makes the inside bigger. Now that it is getting warmer, she closes it during mid-day, but opens it (the screen, not the roof) in the morning and evening.
I open it quite often when I drive it (almost every time when by myself).

It is not a must have for a vehicle I buy, but is something I use if I have one.

Having a sunroof is almost a disqualifier for me for a car. It cuts down on the headroom, and it's too hot to use it.

I just don't see the purpose for it. What does it do? The sun shines in my face, it's loud, and it's another troublesome part (was in my VW that had one).

I rarely do, but do open up the sun shade so I can enjoy that a bit when I'm out and about before dark. The Audi had something wrong with the sunroof's rail alignment, so it would only work in bitterly cold but not on a warm day. So, you can imagine how useful that way.

We never close the sunshade in the Outlander, so I guess we use the sunroof every time. I love how open and airy it makes the cabin. Often leave it in the tilt position when parked, the car is a lot less stuffy when you get back in.

I opened mine last week on the drive home and got a pretty gnarly sunburn.

Popped is pretty nice to help heat escape in the summer and while you are driving with the heat on in the winter.

Having a sunroof is nice because cracking the windows can mess up your hair.

Originally Posted by mballard70
Every day that it's not raining or below freezing

That's how it's done.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
I only open them to clean out the drain channels which is once a year.....I hate them!!!!!

I'm the same. After I wash it, I'll open it to dry the inside channels and such. After that I cycle it open and closed every 2 weeks or so, just to run the drive motor. But I would have never ordered the car with it. Just about the biggest waste of $1K I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back