How much to custom make this muffler delete pipe?

Just as unambiguous as "Suburban Washington DC," an area in which over 3 million people live.
No. I listed a city.

You listed a geographic area with several cities and one district…

and then got upset when someone picked one district in that broad area.

Not upset nor being the grammar police, just pointing out that DC and Suburban DC are two separate locations. Nobody that actually lives in DC says they live in Suburban DC.
So, Virginia? Or Maryland? Which city?

You can’t ask questions where the answer depends on the city in which you reside (some cities in Virginia have emissions inspection, some do not)..

And hide the city.

Reactions: GON
A counter to your 'non-argument', it's perfectly legal to modify your exhaust (up to and including straight pipes) in the whole of Tennessee, unless specified otherwise by local (city) ordinance.

Might want to recheck that. This is where Tennessee links to as the official 'site source, but I'll quote it in case something goes wrong with the link.

TN 55-9-202. Mufflers — Muffler cutouts prohibited — Penalty.

(a) It is unlawful for a person to drive a motor vehicle on a road, street, or highway if the motor vehicle is not equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation. A motor vehicle's muffler is deemed to be not in good working order or in constant operation if the motor vehicle produces excessive or unusual noise or annoying smoke.

(b) It is unlawful to use a “muffler cutout” on any motor vehicle upon any road, street or highway.

Last edited:
As a data point, here in Virginia Beach (safety inspection, no emissions inspection), I had a resonator delete done on the S600.

No worries.

But I had to get it done at a specialty speed shop. The system is stainless steel, and it’s complex, and expensive. When the resonators (which are mild steel, apparently) rusted out, I considered a new system. My preferred regular shop doesn’t weld stainless. The speed shop welded in two lengths straight pipe. For about $400. They did a nice job. Clean welds, the system fits perfectly.

So, a single custom pipe, welded up, and with flanges? Easily $200.

Or, learn to weld yourself.

Also, The Elantra N, with the N-mode (track mode), has the valve on the muffler wide open, so it clocks in at 102 decibels, which is above the CA limit of 95 decibels.

...as in the case of the one fateful day a California police officer observed "excessive or unusual noise" on a Elantra N, while the owner was running the car in N-mode, told him it was illegal, gave him a ticket, and sent him to the state referee for confirmation of the exhaust noise, and told him he's going to spend thousands of dollars on top of what he paid Hyundai to bring the car into compliance (remove N-mode) so he can legally drive the car again.

Also, The Elantra N, with the N-mode (track mode), has the valve on the muffler wide open, so it clocks in at 102 decibels, which is above the CA limit of 95 decibels.
Not sure what a Fiat Abarth clocks at, but it came from the factory with NO mufflers. Could get interesting if a cop pulled you over for noise and took a peak underneath.

Not sure what a Fiat Abarth clocks at, but it came from the factory with NO mufflers. Could get interesting if a cop pulled you over for noise and took a peak underneath.
The fiat forums say the Abarth has a rear muffler, but there is a factory catback that has no muffler, which may be a europe thing, as the US catalog has no part number for part #11.

1694753400485.jpg

1694753691315.jpg

The fiat forums say the Abarth has a rear muffler, but there is a factory catback that has no muffler, which may be a europe thing, as the US catalog has no part number for part #11.

View attachment 178542

Not sure where that diagram came from but this is from Tasca and shows #13 muffler for non Abarths and straight pipes for Abarths. Having had three Abarths I can confirm they come without a muffler.

Fiat.jpg

Back