How long are we on the hook / engagement ring

My wife needed to have her ring resized...hadn't been to the jewelers since 2019 so they tightened all etc. $270. If we got married in 2008, am I on the hook, or should she have paid for it hahahahahahaha

This is where I wish I were a rock star and there would be clear cut policies on wives, girlfriends, and people we met last night at the show (those stories are intriguing to me, I'm human)....

I’d assume you and your wife are responsible with shared finances. You are married, right?

Your second paragraph doesn’t make sense.

If we got married in 2008, am I on the hook, or should she have paid for it hahahahahahaha

This is where I wish I were a rock star and there would be clear cut policies on wives, girlfriends, and people we met last night at the show (those stories are intriguing to me, I'm human)....
If you are married, really finances are shared. There is no my money , your money, we have one checking , one savings account. I have one savings account at a health care credit union , that i use for property taxes etc, but everything is shared.

If you are married, really finances are shared. There is no my money , your money, we have one checking , one savings account. I have one savings account at a health care credit union , that i use for property taxes etc, but everything is shared.
True, but my bro who is 10 years younger and sans children, says everything is separate. Years ago I noticed he was not allowed to drive my sis in-law's Audi? I didn't pry. My mom clarified, he wasn't allowed if she was not present. I was like that with my BMW when it was new, but I let it go and emphasized to my wife it does matter to me if it's dented in a parking lot.

My bro started out married, doing married filing separately. I told him the only legit reason for that is your spouse is committing fraud, or will be....

Be careful what you wish for.
there isn't any chance. Just like no chance for me to win the lottery as I don't play. But when I hear the stories it's intriguing that some are able to live that way.

My wife and I (45 yrs.) are odd balls in that we don't put much importance on wedding rings. I haven't worn mine since the first time it got smashed onto my finger while working decades ago. She wears hers on special occasions - cleaning out the chicken barn or processing our garden food are not included.

Reactions: JTK
My wife and I (45 yrs.) are odd balls in that we don't put much importance on wedding rings. I haven't worn mine since the first time it got smashed onto my finger while working decades ago.
I always wear mine. I don't even want to give it up to have it redipped. I did give it up when I took it off in a Vegas parking lot, it fell, rolled away, and instinctively stepped on it to stop it. All kinds of gouges....it's out of habit, and keeps any women who are getting any funny ideas away. Actually, from my wife and her bff, their rings don't matter when they go out to bars. Men approach and even say it's no big deal, I'm married too.

I always wear mine. I don't even want to give it up to have it redipped. I did give it up when I took it off in a Vegas parking lot, it fell, rolled away, and instinctively stepped on it to stop it. All kinds of gouges....it's out of habit, and keeps any women who are getting any funny ideas away. Actually, from my wife and her bff, their rings don't matter when they go out to bars. Men approach and even say it's no big deal, I'm married too.
Yeah, actually in many cases the ring is a magnet for those looking for a quick fling. They know its safe if they see a ring on the finger of not getting hung up in a relationship... *LOL*

My wife needed to have her ring resized...hadn't been to the jewelers since 2019 so they tightened all etc. $270. If we got married in 2008, am I on the hook, or should she have paid for it hahahahahahaha

I’d bet the farm that if she would have handed you the ring and said “I don’t want this anymore” you would be in a place you don’t want to be…

We have been married 48 years. Everything, as in everything, is shared. Years ago, my wife was not wearing her ring because it needed to be resized and the prongs fixed. She did not want to spend that much money. So, I took my ring off and told her I would put my ring on when she put her ring on. She spent the money to get her ring fixed.

I would of told my wife she had to pay (joint accounts for everything so doesn't matter) and this is how it would of went.... "Oh yeah I have pay?".. "Yup" .. "How about I don't pay and you get a new wife" .. *silence .. **more silence .. "Oh yeah?" .. "sshhh I'm thinking" .. "I'd kill you if you weren't cute!" .. "Of course dear I'd always pay" .. We have great relationship even after 18 years putting up with each other LOL

My wife's engagement ring was resized for free. The place that sold it is pretty stable and provided free resizing for life. I suppose they hope that someone coming in might also consider buying more jewelry during visits.

You are.

It’s also your fault it no longer fits.

If not you haven’t been married long.

Just say yes dear and move along. You’ll thank me later.

Back