How do you get a PNG picture to display like a JPG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you put the img tags around it like,

[Linked Image from images.hgmsites.net]

But if it's a png picture, it doesn't work like,

0...gasvehicle_black2_2048x.png

That only shows a clickable link to the picture instead of the picture itself, like the first one.

No idea. But can you save the png as a jpeg? Like, open in a different program and do a save-as.

Originally Posted by supton
But can you save the png as a jpeg? Like, open in a different program and do a save-as.

Nope, when I click, Save image as..., the only choice is PNG Image or All files.

Originally Posted by atikovi
But can you save the png as a jpeg? Like, open in a different program and do a save-as.

Nope, when I click, Save image as..., the only choice is PNG Image or All files.

Open it in Microsoft paint and then save it as a jpg.

Not sure what the end application is, but what I use, and very heavily, is the windows snipping tool. I just checked and it can save as jpeg. Open the picture. Open the snipping tool. Use the snipping tool to capture the image, then do save-as as a jpeg to the location of your choice.

Originally Posted by sasilverbullet
Originally Posted by atikovi

Open it in Microsoft paint and then save it as a jpg.

Yes this worked, thanks. Took me a while to find Paint on the computer though.

[Linked Image from cdn.shopify.com]

Take off everything after the .png, above is the same link you posted with the ?v=1571611511 portion removed.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Take off everything after the .png, above is the same link you posted with the ?v=1571611511 portion removed.

Yup. It's not the PNG that's an issue. It's the text after it that throws forum software off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back