How do you apply ATF/Acetone mix?

I got some mixed up and want to use it on some rusty parts what is your preferred method of dispensing/applying it? Right now it is in a glass jar. My friend also puts kerosene, lanolin and other goodies in his batch for gun cleaning.

I have a spray bottle, with a jet or spray option, that's 60/40 acetone/ATF. I apply it like you would WD40 or PB Blaster and works better than either one. It also works to spray down the plug holes of an old engine to free it up to spin over.

An old Kroil can. Metal can, small spout.

Kroil did well for me this past weekend. Soaked through over an inch of thread on a stuck bolt and was dripping off the bottom of the broken part, having wicked through every thread.

WD-40 is garbage for stuck fasteners, by the way.

Whatever you choose needs to be acetone resistant and air tight or the acetone will evaporate off.

You could reuse an empty can of Goo-Off.
Metal can with squirt tip.
I believe Goo-Off is mostly acetone.

You could just add trans fluid to a half empty container of Goo-Off.
Just relabel can so you know the contents.

been using kerosene and aft mixed 50/50 for years. I guess there are plenty of combinations that work well i usually use one of the quart 80/90 gear oil bottles that have the screw on spout to dispense

I keep the mix in the metal acetone can, and transfer what I need to a metal pump oil can.
Leaving it in the pump oil can ,allows the acetone to evaporate.

Disposable micropipettes. You’ll wonder what you ever did without them.

C5D0AB36-FBD5-4C03-86FE-04C0C3EF7907.jpeg

Back