How are you most likely to buy your oil?

5 quart jugs is most convenient for my current and only car that holds about 4.8 quarts.

My lastest purchase was 2 x 5 quart jugs of PP 0w16 from WM for $21.xx each. I submitted the paperwork for the $20 rebate.

A jug. I need too many different oils and to justify a drum. I could probably swing Rotella T6 5w30 once warranties expire though.

Even then, bulk oils (5 gallon+) really aren’t discounted and seem to actually cost more.

5 qt jugs always. Cost is always less than identical 5 X 1 qt. oil, and more plastic to dispose of/recycle. Premeasured 5 qt. is also useful for the initial pour. Then top up as needed.

By the 6 quart case since quarts are the only available option for PUP unicorn embryo stem cells required for the 6.4 Hemi.

I prefer the 5 quart jugs. But on occasion, I've ran across a real good deal in quarts. Although I'm not fond of having to deal with motor oil in quarts, I will buy them.

I do occasionally buy the 12 quart boxes when it is a better value than the 5 quart jugs. But I keep an empty 5 quart jug on hand, so I can fill the jug from the box, and use the jug to fill the engine. This extra step seems a little annoying, so I'm not a big fan of boxed oil. If the savings isn't significant enough, it's not worth the hassle.

Five quart containers if at all possible. I try to avoid single quarts if at all possible. Singles at Walmart are expensive for whatever reason. I also don't like to accumulate a stash.

Online is how I buy everything. I hate going somewhere and they not having it in stock. I refuse to shop at Walmart, does nothing but keep building China stronger!

Back