How are O'Reilly/Power Start batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are made by Deka. Been using their regular flooded batteries and on my second AGM battery in my Silverado. My first one I threw it in multiple vehicles and in one with a bad alternator so couldn't speak of the lifespan yet.

I had one in my race car 4 years till I slow drained it by leaving a switch on for 2 months. Case started getting puffy and wouldn't take a charge no matter what technique was used. Probably the worst way to kill a battery, I replaced it with the same.

We have an O'Reilly's next door to where I work. I buy batteries for all of our work trucks there. They hold up pretty well. I think the last one I changed out was 7 years old.

I have their Prius replacement AGM installed right now. If it makes it past the 3 year mark(which will be in January), which when the OEM GS Yuasa and Optima croaked I'll be happy.

I have started using O'Reillys batteries after having too many problems with NAPA Legend batteries leaking from the caps.

I put their cheap group 65 Super Start Economy battery in my Explorer last December and it has always worked great with no leaking. I have had a group 59 Super Start Premium in my '02 Ranger since about July and so far none of the issues I had with the NAPA (Johnson Controls?) battery.

4 yrs with no issues on a flooded Superstart Extreme. 3 yrs on one that died under warranty, but some other manufacturers have died in a year. Way less corrosion than the JCI Batteries used in the past. I have been pleased with their performance

There was a 5 year old Super Start battery in my Mustang when I bought it, and it's still there. I've had no problems with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back