How acxurate is the OLM on 1.4T GM's?

I have a 2016 Trax. I do pretty well keeping on a 5k schedule, but it always seems like there is about 30 to 40 percent left according to the OLM. Should I trust it? Thanks.

I know that GM 're-calibrated' the OLM early in the life of that engine. They were too optimistic in the begining (2011 and possibly 2012). I would think that by 2016 it would have been pretty accurate.

I’d keep it right where you are at. Our Trax gets it’s first oil change soon, and I am sticking to about 5-6k tops. One of the neighbor’s kids has a 16 Trax with139k on it- doing well with that oil change set up.....

My 2015 Trax is hitting 20% around 5-6k where I change it. About 45 minutes of freeway each day with a lot of stop and go, and some days quite a bit of idling with the A/C blasting. I wish I started on the ATF changes earlier than 60k though, it was pretty black when it came out and going to do my 4th change coming up, it's just beginning to get back to normal color. Shifting great though.

my wife's trax is a 2017 and i followed OLM for a while, but am changing to 5k intervals as soon as she gets back to work, just because of the short trips she drives daily.

can't find a way to do tranny oil changes, not even a dip stick....any information or links appreciated.

Last edited:
my wife's trax is a 2017 and i followed OLM for a while, but am changing to 5k intervals as soon as she gets back to work, just because of the short trips she drives daily.

can't find a way to do tranny oil changes, not even a dip stick....any information or links appreciated.

A bit long winded but covers it all.

Back