Honda Longevity

I just received a message that explained a lot about my vehicle and its lifespan,oil selection and other neat features. (http://mywikimotors.com/honda-r18a/ ) It caught my eye of the lifespan being listed as 180,000 miles / 300,000km. Looking back I have doubled the lifespan suggested! I have used all four various weights and maybe more as I had Redline 5w30 in there a time or two and know its a tad thicker. Anyone ever had more luck or success on a engine than expected? I have done the math and guessing that if I can do a couple trips back to Wyoming or depending on the weather I might try for Oklahoma and Texas I can make it to 400,000 by 1 February 2021 which would be exactly 5 years on the dot since I bought this brand new 2015 in 2016 with 11 miles. I will say the motor mound gave me trouble just like the link insisted. Small bits of rust on inside of car doors and the plastic piece that holds the hood latch secure snapped.

That's an interesting website with all the Honda engines. Says a modded K24 can safely handle 500hp!!

I think with some safety precautions put in place I think 400-500 is fairly accurate. I think any four banger with 300 hp or more is scary enough. I'm around 10-15 over stock and content.

Back