Honda CBR captured by Mini Van sparks fly...

Rider is OK...

Always check your 6 to anticipate the moves of cagers behind us... their moves
may cause an emergency but its up to the rider to avoid the accident...

Video...
https://abc7.com/motorcycle-collision-minivan-91-freeway-corona/6257266/

[Linked Image]

When I saw this on Reddit over the weekend , my first thought was "oh another Gen 2 Odyssey transmission failure".

Glad the rider was safe. I wonder if the Ody was stolen.

Originally Posted by WagonWheel
I wonder if the Ody was stolen.

I'd almost be willing to 100% bet that it was, especially since he ditched it in a fence. The only other explanation is that it was a kid driving the parent's van, but the driver looked much older than that.

Maybe they'll pull prints and ID the guy and charge him with almost killing someone.

Originally Posted by ctechbob
I wonder if the Ody was stolen.

I'd almost be willing to 100% bet that it was, especially since he ditched it in a fence. The only other explanation is that it was a kid driving the parent's van, but the driver looked much older than that.

Maybe they'll pull prints and ID the guy and charge him with almost killing someone.

Or DUI and didn't want to get caught.

Originally Posted by ctechbob

Nah, not in Cali. If your life isn't in immediate danger, odds are they won't respond. But it does look like that dude had a "Falling Down" moment

Well turns out he was the owner, from Jalop:

KTLA 5 in Los Angeles reports that the suspected hit-and-run driver, 25 year-old George Cesar Valentin, later attempted to report the minivan as stolen, which would seem to be part of an attempted ploy to hide his involvement, especially since Valentin later confessed to driving the van

Well guess he didn't count on someone with a cell phone camera documenting his debauchery

Another zombie behind the wheel. Hope he didn't hurt or kill the cycle rider.
eek.gif

The rider was OK... he was mostly dumbfounded to where his bike was... he had no idea it continued on as a hood ornament...

Well turns out he was the owner, from Jalop:

KTLA 5 in Los Angeles reports that the suspected hit-and-run driver, 25 year-old George Cesar Valentin, later attempted to report the minivan as stolen, which would seem to be part of an attempted ploy to hide his involvement, especially since Valentin later confessed to driving the van

Well guess he didn't count on someone with a cell phone camera documenting his debauchery

Came back to post that. Here's a link to the story

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/mi...y-following-hit-and-run-crash-in-corona/

Saturday I watched that on the news from my motel room. Then later driving there were cones direct traffic around a construction site. The van in front of me had been weaving some, I was content not to pass it. It continued on into the cones, THEN slowed way down cut between cones to get in lane behind me. It had a cone stuck in the grill. Then after the short zone it passed me, still weaving. So I called 911 and turned it in. Rare, but they had an officer in the area. As the highway patrol came up on me, the driver of the van saw him and took and exit. I was still on line with 911 and told them which exit and which way the van went. Last I saw was the state trooper heading the same direction. I hope they caught and throw the book at who ever it was. We do have the fines double in construction zones law

Rod

That was me on my 18th birthday, cleaned up from behind by a Transit van, I climbed on the bumper of the van, the bike was peeled off on the armco after 1/4 mile, I was on the front for 1/2 mile until I jumped off. The driver holed up at home keeping the Cops at bay with a revolver. I got a few grazes and a wrecked bike.

Back