Home Security System

It appears the camera and monitor use a step down transformer. You could run a short extension cord to plug the transformer into or you could get and extension for the low voltage cable if you can determine the size of the plugs or you could cut the power wire and splice an extension into it. Since the camera is wireless the cord is only carrying power, probably 9v.

Last edited:
I will take your advise on the low voltage cable. That's very nice of you. Thanks :) (y)

Hi, My Defender Home Security arrived today. It seems the cable to the camera is a bit short. Can I use a regular household extension cord to it?
This is what the system looks like this. Thanks for any advise :)
https://www.defendercameras.com/products/defender-phoenix-with-2-camera-phoenixm22c
Yes of course you can use a regular household extension.
The other option is certainly feasible as well and most likely nothing wrong with it as long as you are not going to end up doing a long run on the low voltage wire resulting in voltage loss to the camera.

I learned something from the replies here. An update. My neighbor helped me drill a hole from the outside, then run the cord to the attic and then by drilling a hole on the ceiling to the nearest household outlet. The supplied camera cord is 16 ft but is all enough to get it plugged to the AC outlet. Not professionally done but is working good so far. Thanks for all the help.

Last edited:
Back