hole in FRAM Ultra Synthetic leaked my oil out :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: redhat
Lol is this a troll post?
What do you think? The lack of capital letters, the run-on sentences, the general rambling over some weird problem. That is someone's hallmark writing style.

Awww crud, you discovered my other handle.

/just kidding

That black grippy coating makes it easy to get tight by hand-and MANY times, I can even take them OFF by hand! Something bad happened to that filter, that's a crease that's leaking, not a hole. Filter was installed incorrectly.

This post perhaps shows you can't trust every post made here with pictures of oil filters.

Sounds to me like it was damaged either prior to or during installation. However, It is possible a rock or something similar may have hit it. I actually ran over such a large rock a couple months back it left a dent in my exhaust resonator and in the underbody of my car. Luckily on the front end of things, it hit subframe parts which only took some minor scratching to the paint.

If there was a "little stream" of oil flowing out, and you just happened to check your oil the second that this was observed, you should know exactly what YOU did to cause that damage. Run over a curb?

A stream of oil falling from an orifice would empty the engine very quick.

Very true the hole made in the Fram Ultra leaked the oil out. More interesting is driving the car after finding it almost out of oil and then going to a car wash and seeing oil running out. Entertaining, one thing after the other. Then the extra full turn with piers after hand tightening the filter was icing on the cake.

Not road debris. Those are tool marks. You couldn't get those marks from road debris in a million miles. TOOL MARKS. I think we have a tin horn four flusher jerking our leg.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
You pierced it by using your plier tool to tighten it after install.

Agreed, 100% install by a gorilla with pliers
Originally Posted By: veryHeavy
Originally Posted By: kschachn
redhat said:
Lol is this a troll post?

Awww crud, you discovered my other handle.

/just kidding

Truth, upon simply reading the title....
My first thought was "veryHeavy" just made a new username

Probably the most favored oil filter on here right now is the Ultra. So perfect opportunity for a troll to come along and trash it. 0% believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back