Highways

Can confirm.
E1A3F406-519B-48D4-93BF-B13F0C822276.jpeg

That's the perfect definition of 80/94. Every single time I travel that stretch of road, I see stupid people doing stupid things, which mostly involve extremely excessive speed in heavy traffic.

Having grown up in NW Indiana and that my dad was always right, I still believe his comment that the real problem are those " censored Illinois drivers!".

I95 thru Georgia or anything within 30 miles of Atlanta are absolutely insane. I usually set the cruise at 80 and sit in the right lane and get passed by EVERYONE. Went down to see some family and was riding with an Atlanta native. Driving thru his neighborhood he hit 75 in a 25 mph zone. I asked why he drove so fast, he said there are so many cars on the road that there is no chance he will get pulled over. I think he is right.

And nothing compares to an Ohio driver, I grew up 2 miles from the Ohio state line and always remember my dad muttering *&% Ohio driver anytime someone did something stupid. And darn it if they didn't always have an Ohio plate.

When I visited Indiana, I encountered two types of drivers: the slow, sleepy ones who take forever to move after a green light and the reckless ones going 30 over weaving around traffic without signaling, especially on 465 near Indy.

On another note - I'm always surprised by all the older American cars still on the road in the Midwest; so many mid-90s Pontiacs and Buicks driving around.

Last edited:
Back