High school football championships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning BITOGERS
smile.gif

Before I do my duty of chopp9ng 2 oil filters; I remembered my h.s. football team or Central Valley Warriors are playing in the PIAA 3A championship today at Hershey Park.

Where is your h.s. football team championship played in your state and what is your high school football team name? Thank you
smile.gif

Last one I watch was played in the Tacoma dome. Renton Indians was my teams name. We had a large school 2900 kids we were always in the running. Back in the Day there wasn't all this PC Bull Roar or they likely would have made us change the name.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Last one I watch was played in the Tacoma dome. Renton Indians was my teams name. We had a large school 2900 kids we were always in the running. Back in the Day there wasn't all this PC Bull Roar or they likely would have made us change the name.

My High school mascot was the Red Raiders. They've won several state championships over the years but not in the running this year. They're simply called the Raiders now.

Originally Posted by gman2304
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

My High school mascot was the Red Raiders. They've won several state championships over the years but not in the running this year. They're simply called the Raiders now.

Yes these days would have probably had to call ourselves The Indigenous Peoples Freedom Fighters.

In my area; the WPIAL (western PA inter scholastic athletic league) championship games are played at Heinz Field

I would have to say our High School championship game would be played in Harrisburg or Hershey. My school is Daniel Boone from Berks County Pennsylvania --- we are never fortunate to play in the State Championship. Wilson school district is always the powerhouse for our area and takes us out of districts time and time again.

Missouri's are played at Faurot Field, the University of Missouri's home stadium.

My high school was Ontario High in California and we had one winning season in the 4 years I was there, so no idea where the state championship was held. It was just a big deal to win the homecomming game.

I was a wide receiver for my team, the wildcats, in....well, let's just say a few decades ago. We had a perfect season and won the Kansas state high school football championship.
In the past couple of years, have you noticed how a lot of football players will simply hurdle over the attempted tackler? Okay, I'm kidding here, but I'm the one who started that phase.
Let me explain: We played our game on a Saturday afternoon and the local newspaper printed coverage of it the next Monday. It had a perfect closeup photo of me simply hurdling over a guy who was trying to tackle me.
I guess I must say that I'm 6'6" and the attempted tackler's height was much shorter.
A buddy of mine went to the newspaper office and got the negative and had the photo printed up and gave it to me. It's packed away somewhere and I haven't looked it it for...well, decades.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
I would have to say our High School championship game would be played in Harrisburg or Hershey. My school is Daniel Boone from Berks County Pennsylvania --- we are never fortunate to play in the State Championship. Wilson school district is always the powerhouse for our area and takes us out of districts time and time again.

PIAA State championships are played in Hershey Park
smile.gif

Our team has won 8 State Championships this Century.....We lost to Searcy, AR in the semi-finals this year. Lot of seniors took the loss pretty hard. Its tough to watch when young men give their all, and just come up short with such high expectations.

I don't know if any of you have any idea about Texas HS FB, but its an obsession here. The State Championships are played at AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys. 9 games, 3 each day, back to back for 3 days. It out draws some college bowl games:

Here is some attendance figures:

All-Time Attendance Records
Texas High School Football Playoff Games

Attendance, Game, Site, Year

54,347 Allen vs. Pearland, AT&T Stadium 2013*
52,308 Allen vs. Cypress-Ranch, AT&T Stadium 2014*
49,953 Plano vs. Port Neches-Groves, Texas Stadium 1977*
48,421 Longview vs. Beaumont West Brook, AT&T Stadium 2018*
46,339 Southlake Carroll vs. Euless Trinity, Texas Stadium 2006
46,289 Cedar Hill vs Katy, AT&T Stadium, 2014*
45,790 Highland Park vs. Waco, Cotton Bowl 1945*
45,000 Houston Washington vs. Galveston, Rice Stadium 1968
45,000 Dallas Adams vs. Richardson, Cotton Bowl 1967
43,718 Katy vs. Austin Lake Travis, NRG Stadium, Houston 2015*
43,369 Aledo vs. Manvel, Cowboys Stadium 2011*
43,321 Pearland vs. Euless Trinity, Cowboys Stadium 2010*
43,191 Allen vs. Austin Lake Travis, AT&T Stadium 2017*
42,896 Southlake Carroll vs. FB Hightower, Cowboys Stadium 2011*
42,621 Katy vs. Cedar Hill, Cowboys Stadium 2012*
42,363 Galena Park North Shore vs. Duncanville, AT&T Stadium 2018*
41,368 Katy vs. Pearland, Rice Stadium, Houston 2010
40,318 DeSoto vs. Cibolo Steele, AT&T Stadium, 2016*
40,281 Aledo vs Temple, AT&T Stadium 2014*
40,000 Euless Trinity vs. Allen, Cowboys Stadium 2010

I have been in attendance of roughly 1/3 of the games listed above. 54,347 Allen vs. Pearland, AT&T Stadium 2013*, and 42,363 Galena Park North Shore vs. Duncanville, AT&T Stadium 2018* were two of the all time best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back