High mileage oil brand for a 1995 virago Yamaha xv535

As far as I know, there's no specific "High mileage motorcycle oils". What most will do is move up a grade from whats normally called for. Straight weight oils might also be a option, if consumption is high. How many miles are on your bike?.,,,

Last edited:
Looks like the OP lives in Arkansas, possibly a straight 40 weight. There's a thread started a few years ago in the motorcycle analysis section that shows straight 40 weight is thinner at 32° F than 20w50.

Quote from that thread:. "I ran the numbers a while back - SAE 40 is thinner than a typical 20W-50 at freezing and above. So in that temperature range, if an engine doesn't have a problem with 20W-50, it won't with an SAE 40."

Originally Posted by Bonz
Looks like the OP lives in Arkansas, possibly a straight 40 weight. There's a thread started a few years ago in the motorcycle analysis section that shows straight 40 weight is thinner at 32° F than 20w50.

Quote from that thread:. "I ran the numbers a while back - SAE 40 is thinner than a typical 20W-50 at freezing and above. So in that temperature range, if an engine doesn't have a problem with 20W-50, it won't with an SAE 40."

The actual film is probably thicker between the parts with an equal quality straight viscosity oil

Back