Here we go again! More stupid talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
This must be the thread where all the common sense people are. Coal and drilling are our future. Most people freak out about the CO2 emmissions, I have to wonder if the poloticians that lead the Green agenda, are buying up stock in the coal during this time. The planet runs on oil and no change soon, car fuels are just a piece of it and the more people that just comprehend that, the sooner we can fix the problem.

For decades oil was sold ay prices far below the work it performs. As some smaller countries who were exporters became importers the shift in pricing began. For the USA it happened around 1970. People with oil to spare now realize it and know if they keep it in the ground it will be worth a lot more next year. This also led to the nationaling (kicking out of those darn Americans) of many foreign oil pumpers. Yes... there's some speculative upward pressure on pricing (15-20%?) but I think its due more to the fact that ALL other market sectors are currently not worth investing in and oil is in the headlines? I am in the minority here but I believe its plain old Economics-101, SUPPLY vs. DEMAND.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
This must be the thread where all the common sense people are.

They were.

crackmeup2.gif
LOL.gif
thumbsup2.gif

This is not just a supply and demand issue, its not just "market forces". Its a strong push to keep control of economies through oil. There couldn't be a better way to slow growth in hyper driven economies such as China and India. The world is controled by oil. Whoever has control of the oil, has a pretty good handle on everything else. Up to this point, the U.S. had a pretty good grip of the oil tap since anyone who needed oil needed the U.S. dollar to buy it. Things are changing, and the U.S. is not going to just sit and watch, afterall, someone has to pay for that huge American debit...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=uljOLFyCjjc&feature=related

I think this clip pretty much sums it up perfectly, and is the reason why Iran is in the crosshairs.(Iran began using the Euro recently for oil transactions, for those who don't know)

Of course....JMHO

Last edited:
Oh, no doubt we're into global domination in one form or another. Our debt is a doubled edged sword. Most of our perils cut others more than they do us. China and India don't have room to expand into other markets as fast as they do depleting our $$ value. Doing that they also raise their cost in petrol $$$ ...trading in Euros just can't work beyond a certain level. I just don't think there's enough Euro$ to go around to run the globe. U$D is a convenient currency of choice that's in use everywhere.

Besides, just what will the developing nations do for a purpose? What modality will they use to develop? I don't really pretend to know about these things in detail, but, and although I never liked the implications of the term, "if I owe you a $100 ..I need you. If I owe you 100's of billions of $$, you need me to keep up my payments". It's a trap that's very hard to get out of. It's the worst convoluted system that there is ...except for what happens if it fails.
21.gif

The "dark side" to capitalism shows itself. That friendly smile turns to a fiendish one.

Hey, kid ..it's either me ..or (gesturing to 3 "hungry" inmates) them three.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I just don't think there's enough Euro$ to go around to run the globe. U$D is a convenient currency of choice that's in use everywhere.
That is an interesting point Gary. The Euro is pretty much the new Reserve Currency. If demand were too high the Euro would rise in value against other currencies. That would mean that European nations would have to decrease rates bc their economy would hurt bc of the high value of the EURO. That would lessen demand and the Euro would fall. Also the Euro Bank. can "make more Euros available"..look at us..we made more available.
smirk2.gif

...Anyone find it neat how they are starting to call global warming....."climate change?" The people are complaining and waking up. Let's soften our rhetoric now. Geez.

Originally Posted By: Bob The Builder
...Anyone find it neat how they are starting to call global warming....."climate change?" The people are complaining and waking up. Let's soften our rhetoric now. Geez.

And no mention of Man either.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
As long as you call it climate change, you're always right.

AAAHHHHH!! lol. I love how things can be worded for a more general fit. I have asked some professors at school and spoken to others in the science community about this and they all have given me the same answer that climate patterns are cyclical and we were in the hot part and now we are about to start cooling. They laughed at the subject because they said its funny how people believe a man with a college degree in government about global warming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back