Henry Golden Boy Evaluation

I was asked to eval my new Henry Golden Boy 22 Mag. It took a few rounds to sight it in at 50 yards. For iron sights it is shooting fairly close patterns, at least for my abilities. The Henry pulls up very comfortably and on target. The action is the best I have ever seen. Very smooth. Solid rifle with walnut stock, and the fit and finish is great, at least in my view.

Attachments

• 20200921_140153.jpg
    20200921_140153.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 40
Nice! I’ve not shot one, but my brother has several. They seem well made, and I like that they’re made in the USA.

tig1, thanks for the review! 22wmr seems a sweet spot for ammo availability & cost these days, softer recoil and usefulness. as a rimfire it will be gtg at an indoor shooting range too. i’m trying to downsize but...

how easy is it to fieldstrip and clean? any special procedures for its brass components?

I toured the NJ plant and Made in America is true but of the people making them only a small percentage spoke english.

I have a Henry .22 Classic. It's my favorite plinker. So much fun. Those Golden Boys are nice. Henry makes some nice rifles
88175283_3048069791880498_8657646104336138240_o.jpg

Last edited:
My Henry is cased (my preferred finish) and its loaded for bear (literally)

There is absolutely nothing negative to say about a Henry, its one of the best made finest shooting irons made and I'm sure you will forever love yours

tig1, thanks for the review! 22wmr seems a sweet spot for ammo availability & cost these days, softer recoil and usefulness. as a rimfire it will be gtg at an indoor shooting range too. i’m trying to downsize but...

how easy is it to fieldstrip and clean? any special procedures for its brass components?
Only dry clean with a soft cloth.

I have a Golden Boy and the regular Henry lever action .22. I don't like the Golden Boy as much because it is heavier. The Golden Boy looks better though! I like lever action .22's. And they are made in the good ole USA which is a big plus IMO.

Back