Headlight Condensation

I have a 2010 Cadillac CTS and I have condensation behind my Headlights. How did it get there and how can fix it? Thanks guys

Generally, between the clear part of the headlight and the back (bezel ?), there's a "seal" that's no longer 100%. You have to heat up the assembly, spread it apart, and replace the seal. This stuff, butyl replacement seal material from Morimoto, is considered top-notch stuff. It looks like rubber weatherstripping when you install it but when it's heated, it turns into caulk-like material.

Kestas

Staff member
I once found a breach in a seal by immersing the assembly in heated water. The heat caused the air in the assembly to heat up and bubble at the leak.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by spasm3
Take the assembly out, take the bulbs out. Bring it inside the house to dry out.
Which requires removing the bumper if I recall.
The OP asked how to fix it. If that's required, then he/she will have to do that.

Originally Posted by spasm3
Ohh that sucks, but I don't know how else you can seal all around the lens joint, without removing it.
Not particularly hard to remove but I always get nervous when I have to snap it out of the fender retainer. Often you tear the tabs on the bumper and then it doesn't fit good when you put it back. [Linked Image from fototime.com]