Has Ebay cracked down on knock-offs? Looking for cheap Mercedes logo umbrella.

Used to be able to find things like that on Ebay for $10 or $15 usually from Chinese sellers. Now the cheapest ones I see are $50.

I see them on Alibaba for a few bucks, but then shipping adds another $50

Hope so, but it will not be at eBay's initiative, the owner of the brand will have to pursue it with the platform. EBay does relatively little on their own.

As we speak, I have my outside Counsel drafting letters to eBay and Amazon regarding a recent proliferation of knock-off and trademark infringing products.... IP whack-a-mole.

Please don't buy knock-offs and support the behavior.

Last edited:
How much to buy a regular umbrella and put a log on it?

I know it's been raining a lot around here lately, but did your umbrella just break, or something?

Last edited:
Hope so, but it will not be at eBay's initiative, the owner of the brand will have to pursue it with the platform. EBay does relatively little on their own.

As we speak, I have my outside Counsel drafting letters to eBay and Amazon regarding a recent proliferation of knock-off and trademark infringing products.... IP whack-a-mole.

Please don't buy knock-offs and support the behavior.
Totally agree 👍
I had a UK bozo selling factory parts as mine for years until I found him. Surprisingly it only took one email to end him in short order.

Used to be able to find things like that on Ebay for $10 or $15 usually from Chinese sellers. Now the cheapest ones I see are $50.

I see them on Alibaba for a few bucks, but then shipping adds another $50

We are erecting barriers/tariffs with trade with China to boost domestic production. This is probably why the prices are high.

Totally agree 👍
I had a UK bozo selling factory parts as mine for years until I found him. Surprisingly it only took one email to end him in short order.

My site was known for really good product pictures that I had taken myself. One day I discovered a competitor using them on his site even though they were copyrighted. All it took was an email and they were torn down in 24 hours. Still couldn't believe he'd had the nerve to do it in the first place though.

Maybe his web guy was shady.

My site was known for really good product pictures that I had taken myself. One day I discovered a competitor using them on his site even though they were copyrighted. All it took was an email and they were torn down in 24 hours. Still couldn't believe he'd had the nerve to do it in the first place though.

Maybe his web guy was shady.
Same here.
I got old and no longer care but the reverse picture finder is your friend.

Why not buy the real thing? Ask at the dealer’s wholesale desk if you have a business license…

How much to buy a regular umbrella and put a log on it?

I know it's been raining a lot around here lately, but did your umbrella just break, or something?
I assume he is buying a missing piece from eBay to make the car he is going to sell "complete".

I wonder if people will return the car if the buyers found out the umbrella is not genuine...

Why not buy the real thing? Ask at the dealer’s wholesale desk if you have a business license…
You are talking about a gent that just several months ago that was going to paint an oil filter to look like a Toyota one... 😆

Sorry @atikovi ...
Not blaming you on the umbrella or the oil filter for that matter... 😁

You gotta do what you gotta do...

Back