Harvest King Full Synthetic 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was visiting family over in Texas and saw this at a farm store. About$11 for 5 quart jug of full synthetic.
Is this similar to Walmart supertech?
It has the seal of approval and dexos 2 approved as does supertech. I was thinking it might just be the same company that blends and sales to various stores?
I want to use it for 7500 miles in my Ford or 10k in my wife's Toyota. Which ever needs a change first. If it seems ok I might just stock up on it when I go back.
Any experiences?

It's not the same supplier as Supertech. Warren Performance Packaging supplies Supertech, and I believe that the "other" Warren, Warren Oil Company is the current supplier of Harvest King.

That said... when HK 10w30 conventional is on sale for $9.47/jug, I stock up and run it in my V70. If I see a good sale price on the 5w30 Dexos gen2, I will not hesitate to stock up for my Sierra. It's good stuff. As they say, use it with confidence.

I use it to top off VWB. Think it's Warren Oil (not WPP) based on its bottle, but it has a Dexos 1.2 license that doesn't show up on the Dexos web site: D125AAAC334.

Some stores (as of late last year) did have some extra bottles of Citgo on the shelf, but that's pretty well been replaced.

Last edited:
It's d1G2 certified. I've used it, 53' Stude has used it, it will perform essentially identical to any other d1G2 certified oil. It's just cheaper because HK is not buying time on TV for commercials, nor sponsoring NASCAR drivers. Use with confidence.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
It's d1G2 certified. I've used it, 53' Stude has used it, it will perform essentially identical to any other d1G2 certified oil. It's just cheaper because HK is not buying time on TV for commercials, nor sponsoring NASCAR drivers. Use with confidence.

Yep, is till have some Citgo synthetic stuff too of HK oil

I have purchased nearly 100 gallons of Harvest King oil over the last 7-8 years.

It's good oil for a very reasonable price.

This^

Yeah, and it will perform just the same as "the big name brands" too

+1... we're conditioned to associate quality with price and while that may be the case with some things in life, it's hardly true for everything. Example, I know a lot of people pass over Chevron Supreme due to it's low price point but not realizing it's a great oil, has been for years, at a great price.. especially the 5/20 and 5/30 blends. (well, at least it use to to be before Wally's jacked up the price..grrr)

Originally Posted by wemay

This^

Wemay makes valid points. I dont believe in name brands performing better than house brands either. API SN is fine for me
smile.gif

the bottle appears identical to Coastal but silver instead of black. I may try to contact Warren Oil to see if I can track down that strange Dexos number. The only oils with numbers with the same first digits are Shell, but I'm sure it's not that.

Yep.

High quality, Low cost.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by wemay

This^

Wemay makes valid points. I dont believe in name brands performing better than house brands either. API SN is fine for me
smile.gif

That makes five of us Adam!

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

Yep.

High quality, Low cost.

I agree guys ^^^^^^^^

I like my Cam2 Dexos1 Gen 2 approved oil... Which actually has about 25-40 percent group IV in it... Not too shabby either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back