Harbor Freight Nitrile gloves

Because my hands are large I usually get the black gloves, which they are out of. However, has anyone noticed HF has almost tripled the price of the gloves lately? Even the blue ones are almost 15 dollars a box. In another post I mentioned no 25% coupon this July 4th but man, come on Harbor Freight!

Supply and demand. I am sure no supplier is offering any discounts to large buyers so those increases are passed along. I have noticed on TV news that many countries are wearing rubber gloves as well as masks in public.

Last edited:
They're being gouged on eBay for $30 a box
mad.gif

Unless you need nitrile, there are other cheaper options if you just want to keep your hands from getting grimey.

I know nitrile is great for garage work, but like you said the price has jumped.

I think there's a disposable plastic type used for food service that would work alright but isn't solvent resistant.

It stinks but what can you do?

Sort of glad I bought 6 boxes back in February when they were only sale... my usual once/twice a year purchase of gloves. Could be worse, no gloves in stock at stores.

I've noticed even Walmart and others are low on disposable gloves. I've been reusing mine if possible. The nitrile seem to be the most popular.

Yeah I've been reusing my HF blue ones. Have a few on the floor of my car I use on gas pumps. I can only imagine how icky they are!

Whatever's on the surface of these gloves dies in 72 hours, and I go longer between fill-ups.

As a stasher with several hundred, I haven't been to HF since "it" began. I would need a convincing reason.

As for the garage, I run them till they tear.

yeah they sure did go up in price...I was at HF on Monday and picked up 2 boxes of the nitrile 7 mm blue gloves...I about fell over...usual price was 9.99 a box now 15.99 but I still bought 2 boxes...I imagine they went up everywhere

They are double, maybe triple because of supply and demand. I work for an industrial supply company and it's also been taking about at least a month to receive a pallet or two of gloves we order, compared to the normal 3-5 day lead time.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
I'm glad I stockpiled them long before CV-19, the investment is paying off now.

No kidding.

While I'm not a hoarder, I did tend to stock up on certain things...HF gloves and TP/Paper Towel and N95 masks from Menards, usually when they'd have a "Crazy Days" sale. I finally started to cut back just a bit, figuring that this stuff will always be available, and I didn't want to become a hoarder. Then "it" hit and the shelves were empty for a long time and when things started appearing but at hugely inflated prices - one example early on being a "deal" Menards had on a pack of 2 disposable N95 masks. "Sale" price was $39.99 but there was a $20 rebate (Menards merchandise check) which brought the price down to $19.99...so $10 *each* for a mask which, last year, I could have gotten a 20-pack for less than $10 after rebate.

I hate to say it, but once things clear up, I'll probably relapse and start the stock-up process again.

Originally Posted by opus1
Originally Posted by demarpaint
I'm glad I stockpiled them long before CV-19, the investment is paying off now.

No kidding.

While I'm not a hoarder, I did tend to stock up on certain things...HF gloves and TP/Paper Towel and N95 masks from Menards, usually when they'd have a "Crazy Days" sale. I finally started to cut back just a bit, figuring that this stuff will always be available, and I didn't want to become a hoarder. Then "it" hit and the shelves were empty for a long time and when things started appearing but at hugely inflated prices - one example early on being a "deal" Menards had on a pack of 2 disposable N95 masks. "Sale" price was $39.99 but there was a $20 rebate (Menards merchandise check) which brought the price down to $19.99...so $10 *each* for a mask which, last year, I could have gotten a 20-pack for less than $10 after rebate.

I hate to say it, but once things clear up, I'll probably relapse and start the stock-up process again.

I pretty much do the same thing. I have N95 masks I use for my business, to see the cost of those masks jacked up ten times or more than what I paid for them is sickening. If things go back to normal again I will also be replenishing my supplies.

I'm not surprised. Demand for them is high.

Work is having a harder time finding gloves now than they did ~3 months ago.

FWIW - several months ago when Covid was real bad, Eric Smidt the CEO of HF in a newsletter said they were donating all gloves and masks to the cause.

That was then, this is now.

Edit:

Found the link:

https://www.harborfreight.com/hospital-donation-update.html

Remember that next you complain about "high prices" at HF.

Isn't it quite reasonable to assume that HF suppliers raised their prices?

Last edited:
Back