Harbor Freight Gift Card BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just have to vent a second... tried to get the balance on a gift card from HF, and got so frustrated by the "special offers" that I just hung up. Honestly, what sort of spam should I expect now? Really, really horrible thing to do to people just looking for simple information.

Can probably get the gift card balance on their website without the hassles.

Originally Posted by antonmnster
Just have to vent a second... tried to get the balance on a gift card from HF, and got so frustrated by the "special offers" that I just hung up. Honestly, what sort of spam should I expect now? Really, really horrible thing to do to people just looking for simple information.

I haven't called, but I'm also wondering if you called the wrong number. I did that once to a different company and kept getting special offers messages then realized I had screwed up the number by a digit which was why I got all those special offers.

Any receipt used with that card will show the balance remaining.
shocked.gif

They must have changed something. I called last week and it was just a generic sounding gift card hotline. The recording never actually said the name Harbor Freight now that I think about it but the info was accurate.

i remember checking the balance online for a HF gift card ..also I wonder if the cashier at HF could tell you the balance

I usually just give the GC to the cashier to pay.
If there is any left over, they will tell me how much left over if you care and pay attention.
If not, then I pull up a credit card.

Simple. LOL.

I usually only bought cheap stuff anyway.

I went last night and loaded a cart up with stuff. I had one I'd been given at Christmas that I had no idea of the amount.

I just swiped it, waited a second, and the cashier came back with balance owed. Not exactly a difficult/strenuous task...

I write the balance of any "in store credit" card on the card itself with a Sharpie.

Lots of stores' cashiers do that automatically.

Used my leftover $4.28 on an AutoZone merchandise credit just last night.

The cashier saw my notation and said, "Hey, you got it right!" when the balance came up on the screen.

So glad I can still add and subtract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back