Haldex, Automatic on demand clutch fluid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to be changing this fluid along with the filter on a 2016 VW Tiguan 4motion soon. I'm not finding much info about this fluid online other than it is pricey at $30 a quart. What makes it so special?

Ravenol have now - as a single? - oil for Haldex. AWD-H. But, one for all Haldex types. VAG have at least 2 types. Hmm...

Maker of OEM is imho Pentosin. Developed in years with Haldex. Pentosin may not make aftermarket buisness with Haldex-oil.

Special on Haldexoil is... no one "outside" knows it. But it IS special. This will be evident if you make at changes your knockles dirty thereby.
Its feel like 0W-16, but you need 15min., 3 big cloths und 1gal brake cleaner
wink.gif
to make your knockles clean again. I have never see such oil.
Not ATF, not MTF, not engine oil, not damper oil nor another oil. Lunacy.

You need only a one quart. Every ~30T miles. For me those 30 bucks (-> 30.000 miles) are dont most painful expenditure in car maintenance
laugh.gif

But 30$ for quart oil is very expensive. That's correct.

Last edited:
Interesting Lowflyer. I used to work in the paper industry and they had these polymers that were beyond slippery and couldn't be washed off with soap and water or gasoline/brake cleaner etc. You get your hands wet a week later and they would still be slippery. Who knows the lasting impact of those chemicals once they hit your skin? I will probably order the OEM fluid from someone I suppose..

Found the SDS, doesn't look too crazy.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1...CmseXkAhXGrJ4KHY9XDwwQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

Last edited:
Originally Posted by sloinker
I am going to be changing this fluid along with the filter on a 2016 VW Tiguan 4motion soon. I'm not finding much info about this fluid online other than it is pricey at $30 a quart. What makes it so special?

What makes it so special? VW packaging.

the G060 fluid is around $30, for 850 mL (or .89 quart).

You can also get the Febi-Bilstein stuff also, for less money.

Don't forget new drain plug and fill plugs.

And.. get yourself a general pump head, it's not going to fit the bottle of the OEM VW stuff (it's too large for the cap of the pump), but will still work if you're careful.

No one oil or grease I use in my S3 has officially approvals. Even my fuel is not standard.

The only with which I make never experiments are the Haldex-oil...

Last edited:
I'm about to change this fluid on my 17' MINI Clubman ALL4. It has a 5th Gen Haldex system. Ravenol AWD-H ready to go in.

Newer VW and Volvos have the same system and the filter screen on the pump gets horrible clogged, sometimes under 30,000 miles. This newest system doesn't have a removable filter, just the screen.

Some photos of badly clogged pump screens here:
https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/23536-mk7-haldex-fluid-change-and-pump-gauze-clean/

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back