Had to smile

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
Heading into town to get gas today I noticed a '70s convertible Chevy ahead in the other lane riding low on small tires. Stopped at the next light the back end dropped then went up 3 feet then the front came up. Yeah, an Impala with hydraulics . Guy was having some top down fun and getting thumbs up from the cars and trucks beside him. Same thing next light with different cars nearby, more thumbs up and smiles. It was nice to smile at something as silly as a bouncing lowrider.

Espanola, NM just down the road from me, is the low rider capitol of the world. There's some wild rides there!

Wonder what oil was in the crankcase
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Ws6
Proper lowrider is awesome. Not my thing either but respect.

Ditto.

I am not a lover of the low rider cars but the ones I lhave ooked at I would have to say , the the hydraulics were amazing and the cars look really nicely done. I can appreciate them.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Heading into town to get gas today I noticed a '70s convertible Chevy ahead in the other lane riding low on small tires.

By small do you mean 14 inchers that these cars were originally sold with, or something even smaller than that?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Kira
I'd love to see Espanola, NM someday.

Is there any organization to it? Saturday night promenades, perhaps?

I grew up in New Mexico and journeyed there often from Colorado. Always looked forward to seeing the low riders as I passed through Espanola. Wouldn't be seen dead in one myself, but it's their thing and that's not a problem for me.

Back