H&K Loses German Army Contract

Hope I didn't come across rude. Not a lot have gotten to play with some of the H&K classic arms. Really well built and engineered. My last H&K purchase was a while ago when I picked up a MK23. Not a fan of the newer offering in pistols or rifles to the civilian market. Add to that the big hit they got from their own courts when they were busted violating German law by selling to Mexico.

Big issues at H&K. None of em good.

I shot 12K+ rounds with my HK45 before the flat spring broke. Everything from mild hand loads to HOT DoubleTapp +P Ammo. Still one of my faves, but no reason for me to spend those dollars when I can get a reliable Glock, etc. for a lot less.

P.S. Only malfunction was from a round of Wally's WWB ammo with an oversized case

untitled-12-33.jpg

I shot 12K+ rounds with my HK45 before the flat spring broke. Everything from mild hand loads to HOT DoubleTapp +P Ammo. Still one of my faves, but no reason for me to spend those dollars when I can get a reliable Glock, etc. for a lot less.

P.S. Only malfunction was from a round of Wally's WWB ammo with an oversized case

View attachment 29347

Beautiful weapon. Glad to see you shoot often. It's important. One thing about the Glock platform is that anyone and I mean anyone can rebuild the entire pistol if needed. Parts are relatively inexpensive. H&K's are not the easiest work on. And parts are costly. And often take some time to get your hands on.

H&K's are not the easiest work on

Tell me about it!
I'm no armorer, so I had to read and re-read the manual and watch a couple of quality youtube videos before I replaced the flat spring and a couple of plates...you need three hands to work comfortably on them :)

Tell me about it!
I'm no armorer, so I had to read and re-read the manual and watch a couple of quality youtube videos before I replaced the flat spring and a couple of plates...you need three hands to work comfortably on them :)

I agree. I'm not at the gunsmith level. It makes a difference on the H&K and to some degree Sig but not as much. If you know your away around the modern 1911 you can figure out some of the Kimber, Springfield, and Wilson modifications readily.

Buying your critical military components from a company based in the UAE seems, risky...

And yeah, the gun looks like a piston AR-15.

What was wrong with the G-36, again?

I will never understand how corporate let the MP5 platform just fade away. They had ZERO competition and LE agencies begging in writing to both produce new and continue to support the platform with OE parts. Friend of mine in a NE SP agency bought an extra 48 of these in 2 years in 40 cal to keep for their tactical units. That's how good the MP's were. They were accurate, easy to shoot, and really just never failed.
The 300blk, Robert Silvers, and AAC likely played a role. M4 ergonomics, quiet, hits way harder, more accurate, easier and cheaper to PM. Mp5sd is a nostalgia piece now.

Hopefully, we’ll see a decrease in price for civilians. Their guns are great, but management got loss in time with the exorbitant prices. And honestly - this from a non-pro HK fanboy - they’re not measurably better than other modern platforms.
HK makes the best barrels on the planet for a fighting gun. Otherwise, I've not really got much to say.

Buying your critical military components from a company based in the UAE seems, risky...

And yeah, the gun looks like a piston AR-15.

What was wrong with the G-36, again?

Kind of like paying enormous Euros to build a pipeline so you can purchase your natural gas from Josef Stalin.

Smart move, Merkel.

Back