Gun belts...got one and I like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in the woods during the summer. My Ruger Redhawk 45 colt is my carry gun. I figured due to the guns weight I needed a decent gun belt so I wouldn't have to cut off my circulation trying to hold up this gun with a regular belt.

Ended up with the extra thick leather 1.75" width Simply Rugged belt and its built so heavy duty that you actually don't have to tighten a great deal to hold pants/gun up. Very comfortable! I also got their pancake holster too. Fits snug right up against you. I could easily carry concealed without printing with this holster with a baggy shirt. It places the guns large grip in a perfect spot.

Thanks to AMC for recommending Simply Rugged.

I tried to chop down a tree with a shotgun once, it didn't work very well.

Why do you need a gun while working in the woods?

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
I tried to chop down a tree with a shotgun once, it didn't work very well.

Seriously?
Bears , cougars,moose, feral dogs,wolves, coyotes, Escaped convicts,meth labs,pot grows, moonshiner, desperate homeless.

Get out of Illinois and go camping in Alaska some time. IF you survive, you'll know why.

Actually we have ran into one pot grow and a working meth lab so far. One of the trails we work on his a major drug corridor/trail for drugs coming across the Canadian Border. The Border Patrol did one of the biggest ecstasy busts near here. The drugs weed/meth/coke/ecstasy pills etc are normally packed in by drug mules with back packs on these very same remote trails we use. People have gone missing camping in the wilderness and under some not so good circumstances. I'm always armed hiking/packing and working in the woods.

Maybe because a gun weighs a pound while a cop weighs 200 pounds?

not-sure-if-serious_zps896f602a.jpeg

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

Maybe because a gun weighs a pound while a cop weighs 200 pounds?

not-sure-if-serious_zps896f602a.jpeg

No, I am serious. Working in the woods would mean chopping down a tree for firewood or gathering wild mushrooms. Otherwise, it is not working in the woods but hiking through the woods.

I have a few acres of woods but I do not carry a gun when I am getting firewood. I do carry one when hiking through the woods simply because I read BITOG. Otherwise, I have never felt the need.

No, I am serious. Working in the woods would mean chopping down a tree for firewood or gathering wild mushrooms. Otherwise, it is not working in the woods but hiking through the woods.

Picking fly $h!t out of the pepper, aren't we? If you're IN THE WOODS you need to have a gun on you. Preferably a large one. A bear isn't going to know or care if your hiking, or gathering firewood.

I guess they have bears in Washington State that are not afraid of chainsaw noises. No such thing in IL or AZ, I presume.

I know its a hard idea to grasp, but in certain parts of the world, two legged human predators like to prey on others. They especially like to prey on others in remote locations, such as deep in the woods. Also, meth cooks and pot growers don't like it when strangers stumble into their manufacturing/growing operations.

I guess they have bears in Washington State that are not afraid of chainsaw noises. No such thing in IL or AZ, I presume.

I was once like you many years ago. Fishing in the Allegheny National Forest (trout) when Mr. Yogi bear decided he wanted my stringer of fish for lunch. Naturally I obliged and then began to slowly walk away. He followed me for 4 miles to my car. Never again will I go into the woods unarmed.

Every bear I have encountered while hunting deer and elk, just ran away. I respect but don't fear them. Shooting one would be a last resort.

Drug dealers and dope growers are more dangerous than bears and don't deserve any respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back