Gumout Regane Complete Fuel System Cleaner w/ PEA in 12 oz. & 6 oz. Bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I got two 12 oz. bottles from Autozone, currently on sale for $8.49 BOGO until 02/20/2020...

Regane® Complete Fuel System Cleaner
12 oz. Part No: 510106 - treats up to 19 gallons

then I noticed that their

6 oz. Part No: 800001364 - treats up to 21 gallons

why the convoluted concentrations to begin with???

crazy2.gif

I noticed this myself. IDK, but I thought 12-oz. Regane bottles were an Autozone only thing, so not sure I trust the dosing...

Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
I noticed this myself. IDK, but I thought 12-oz. Regane bottles were an Autozone only thing, so not sure I trust the dosing...

I emailed them, we'll see what they say...

Also it seems they've discontinued the 20-oz. Gumout One-N-Done offering completely, I still have a bottle - it treats up to 25 gallons and supposedly you use it once a year or every 10-15,000 miles!

Originally Posted by discountdon
so I got two 12 oz. bottles from Autozone, currently on sale for $8.49 BOGO until 02/20/2020...

12 oz. Part No: 510106 - treats up to 19 gallons

then I noticed that their

6 oz. Part No: 800001364 - treats up to 21 gallons

why the convoluted concentrations to begin with???

crazy2.gif

Curious! Does the smaller bottle say Concentrated and the bigger bottle doesn't?

If its just more dilute its not really a good deal...since the 6oz can be had for about $4 regularly and less than that if you find a deal.

Originally Posted by Davejam
If its just more dilute its not really a good deal...since the 6oz can be had for about $4 regularly and less than that if you find a deal.

The amount of pea in either is calculated by X% by weight. So unless the larger bottle has a significantly less %, it will have more pea in it.

It suggests a similar treat rate per bottle which translates to drastically different treat rate per oz., and the MSDS lists a range of 10-30% by weight of PEA.
So, my reasoning says that the larger bottle is more dilute by half or more which is simply a marketing ploy to make you think your getting a better product/deal...But your not.

It suggests a similar treat rate per bottle which translates to drastically different treat rate per oz., and the MSDS lists a range of 10-30% by weight of PEA.
So, my reasoning says that the larger bottle is more dilute by half or more which is simply a marketing ploy to make you think your getting a better product/deal...But your not.

Your "reasoning" is wrong. Assuming that both bottles have the same %, the larger/heavier of the two bottles will have more pea. It's the volume of gas you're adding it to that dilutes it, not the product. If you do an apples to apples on the amt of gas being treated, since the label says "treats up to", the larger of the two bottles will introduce more pea than the smaller.

Last edited:
I am not assuming they are the same %. I am saying they are different based on the treat rate.
If it were the same % then the larger bottle would be able to treat 35gal, much like the 10oz bottle of Gumout all-in-one.
If it were so they would definitely claim that.

What makes you think the larger bottle must contain the same %?

I've noticed this with Techron too. The smaller bottle is now 10oz and treats 15gal. The predecessor was a 12oz bottle that treated 12gal. The 20oz bottle still treats 20gal and the 32oz bottle still treats 32gal. The smaller bottle appears to be more concentrated based off dosage instructions. All the Techron used to be 1oz per 1gal of fuel.

Gumout uses a single SDS for (3) SKU's: # 510014, # 800001364, #51010, all concentrations can be covered by their stated 'range':

https://3enoro1q5ve12ubndv13jkpk-wp...-Regane-Complete-Fuel-System-Cleaner.pdf

-

I've received no response from Gumout/ITW Global Brands after 7 days since two separate contacts... I also compared colors between the lower and higher concentrations, they look are dyed visually the same.

Just more fillers on the dilute version I suppose...

16.gif

Thanks for the update.
I'm guessing based on treat rate the 6oz bottle is around 25-28%PEA, while the 12oz bottle is 12-14%

If anyone here's looking for cheap Gumout products, Wal-Mart and Amazon have Multi System tune up which is 16oz and approx 9.63% PEA for only $3.51 a can right now, Walmart also has a 12 pack bundle for 39.60 ($3.30/ea)

Thanks for the update.
I'm guessing based on treat rate the 6oz bottle is around 25-28%PEA, while the 12oz bottle is 12-14%

I think more likely they're exactly the same and both will treat 21 gal., but the 20oz was/is harder to find and more expensive and probably will treat significantly more. I think it's more about where they sell it/margins than product itself.

Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
I think more likely they're exactly the same and both will treat 21 gal., but the 20oz was/is harder to find and more expensive and probably will treat significantly more. I think it's more about where they sell it/margins than product itself.

Your free to believe and do whatever you want. But the available information (treat rate, safety data sheet) seem to indicate otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back