Great meals/foods to cook in winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally love a good lentil and or ham and bean and potato soup. Also, like cornbread quesadillas recipe i do in crock pot. Made some chili last week and still have enough local, great ground beef to make more. What foods, meals do you folks love making in the winter time?

Happy Friday
08.gif
34.gif

Pretty much the same as you. I like chili, lentil soup, 15 bean soup, vegetable soup. Spaghetti is always good.

I like to make my own summer sausage on my smoker. I also like a nice roast beef in the oven and not the crock pot. Marinated smoked turkey is good and don't forget about BBQ pork ribs on the smoker. I like about any kind of soup. Having Jambalia tonight.

Already ate dinner (wife made chili today: yum), but all this food talk is making me hungry again!

The following has become a recent favorite in our household: Caribbean jerk chicken, plantains, rice and beans, and cabbage. Jamaican jerk sauce and scotch bonnet pepper sauce add some serious spice/heat. Hopefully the picture doesn't make anyone else hungry. Hehe...

2EA344E7-BF90-4DF0-8010-0D62BAD1C98D.jpeg

Originally Posted by VolvoZ
Already ate dinner (wife made chili today: yum), but all this food talk is making me hungry again!

The following has become a recent favorite in our household: Caribbean jerk chicken, plantains, rice and beans, and cabbage. Jamaican jerk sauce and scotch bonnet pepper sauce add some serious spice/heat. Hopefully the picture doesn't make anyone else hungry. Hehe...

I'm mouth watering already
grin2.gif

I'll bring the beer
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MParr
Pretty much the same as you. I like chili, lentil soup, 15 bean soup, vegetable soup. Spaghetti is always good.

thumbsup2.gif

Whatever wife cooks.

But tonight the local church supported Boy Scouts had a spaghetti & meatball dinner + salad + roll for $5. Got two takeout. Troupe has boys & girls in the troupe.

Spicy pop pulled pork- My wife does this about 3 times a year. I wanted to link this one because there are a few searches and key words to get the right one. Spice flavoring into the pork is really good. You might try it more than once to play with the level of spice you or others prefer. The spice is a slow build as you eat.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Spicy+Pop+Pulled+Pork&filters=ufn%3a%22Spicy+Pop+Pulled+Pork%22+sid%3a%22a44b1a30-a371-0ad1-02a7-921d2c29a564%22+segment%3a%22generic.carousel%22+secq%3a%22spicy+pork+pop+roast%22+supwlcar%3a%221%22+tsource%3a%22EntitySegments%22+catesegtype%3a%22recipe%22+cack%3a%22b99d02ad-8e08-4617-8c8c-5f6261ef4ee3%22+segtype%3a%22UmVjaXBl%22+ctype%3a%220%22+mltype%3a%220%22+eltypedim1%3a%22Recipe%22&FORM=SNAPCR&crslsl=0

Hash brown casserole is a hearty meal.

Look up Spaghetti Bake, layered and baked

Chili - family or home recipe

Look up cheeseburger soup, simple and different. (Deer season Northern Michigan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back