Greasing my Cub Cadet Zero turn mower first time - Is Moly appropriate?

wow surprized....that is good. Your run 20w50?
Yes. I drained the FF and used Amsoil Hydrostat 20w50 since it was the best option at the time (2019), and just last week after convincing @High Performance Lubricants to make a 20w50 Tractoe Life for the hydros, I switched to HPL and new WIX filters last week.

The Amsoil provided 3.5 years of good service and the fluid looked almost brand new when drained, but had a louder hydro whine than either the FF or the HPL. I’d still use the Amsoil if it was the only option.

Yes. I drained the FF and used Amsoil Hydrostat 20w50 since it was the best option at the time (2019), and just last week after convincing @High Performance Lubricants to make a 20w50 Tractoe Life for the hydros, I switched to HPL and new WIX filters last week.

The Amsoil provided 3.5 years of good service and the fluid looked almost brand new when drained, but had a louder hydro whine than either the FF or the HPL. I’d still use the Amsoil if it was the only option.
I have a Bobcat, and have used 15w50 napa synthetic after break in. The ability to change filter is good. My last mower was a Husqvarna tractor, put to rest with about 3500 hours on it.

Wonder why louder whine with Amsoil?

Grease needle may allow you to sneak some in if there is no zerk…

1691413397402.jpg
Have you tried greasing this Cub ? :ROFLMAO:

I watched that video and they did not answer my question of how much grease to put in the spindles? My old John Deere said 10 pumps or so, eventually it would go past the seal on top. But I rebuilt them after 10 years or so and was quite surprised how big of an empty cavity it was. Took a lot more than 10 pumps to fill it up. And there was no steel the shaft rode in.

The new John Deere says 2 pumps every 50 hrs using lithium based.

I watched that video and they did not answer my question of how much grease to put in the spindles? My old John Deere said 10 pumps or so, eventually it would go past the seal on top. But I rebuilt them after 10 years or so and was quite surprised how big of an empty cavity it was. Took a lot more than 10 pumps to fill it up. And there was no steel the shaft rode in.

The new John Deere says 2 pumps every 50 hrs using lithium based.
This gentleman drilled a small hole to make "overfilling" a spindle a non issue. it will simple poop out.

Back