Got my kreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by D1dad
About 600 miles in right now with it in the gas and oil. I put the stuff in PP 10-30 before my son took a 450 mile trip back to school and according to where the dipsticks at, the kreen either burnt off or it used a half quart. I'm gonna have him get the oil changed at Walmart, against my better judgment, at 750-1000 miles. I have another quart so if this doesn't help then I'll do a piston soak.

I'd follow the directions for best results. Kreen is volatile so it might have flashed off.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
About 600 miles in right now with it in the gas and oil. I put the stuff in PP 10-30 before my son took a 450 mile trip back to school and according to where the dipsticks at, the kreen either burnt off or it used a half quart. I'm gonna have him get the oil changed at Walmart, against my better judgment, at 750-1000 miles. I have another quart so if this doesn't help then I'll do a piston soak.

I'd follow the directions for best results. Kreen is volatile so it might have flashed off.

I think you are correct. When I used it in a Saturn I poured it in a cold engine. To keep it from flashing off to soon, I cranked it and only let it run a few seconds to cold circulate. Waited a few hours and cold circulated it again. Drove it the next morning to work, changed it out at 3k.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by demarpaint

There's not much as far as directions. "Add to engine every 1000 miles" 450 miles doing 80 prbly burned it off.

Seafoam is 50% pale oil. Lube. 30% Naphtha. Mild cleaning solvent. 20% isopropanol. Used for water dispersal. Its chemistry is mostly lube so its cleaning strength on sludge and varnish must be minimal. And IMO putting isopropanol in the oil is not a great idea. I've used Kreen in the past. Its a toxic concoction of solvents. It did darken the oil quickly. The engine seemed quieter, smoother. But I had similar results with other off the shelf products so the results were inconclusive. I did pick up a leak soon after. But I can't say whether Kreen had anything to do with it.

After 1 k I drained the oil and refilled with pyb. In the 1k it was in there it consumed the kreen I added plus another half quart. The oil did come out black as night with no kreen smell to speak of. It did clean something up as before kreen, 4.5 qts would fill the sump to full but today it took the full 5 qts. The car was driven around 80-100 miles in town before it made a couple of 400 mile trips so that may have played a factor. I don't notice anything from an enhanced performance standpoint simply because the car has always ran perfect. I'll report back on if it actually helped any consumption issues. I have another quart so maybe I'll try the purge if consumption hasn't changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back