Got it home! Meet Leo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Dealer installed Borla Exhaust and Rims.

I will have to get a sound cut.

I'm surprised Borla even made a system for that car.
thumbsup2.gif

You can use the steelies for some winter donuts.

I should say Borla components. A local shop did a very nice install with them. Most likely G8 stuff or maybe they found Caprice SS stuff? I don't know.

Originally Posted By: Brick B-Body
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
So this is basically an Impala SS/ Pontiac G8 right?

All the cars on the Zeta platform are RWD. The Impala has been FWD only since the 2000 model.

The Impala SS name went away after 2009. You maybe thinking of the current Chevrolet SS: 2016 Chevrolet SS Sedan

Yes sir that is it.

I have always been under the impression they were still Impalas.

Looks very nice. I have never driven one without a bunch of equipment weighing it down and computers sliding around, and gun rack's rattling.

Bet it is quite fun. I would put the steelies on right away.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
Looks very nice. I have never driven one without a bunch of equipment weighing it down and computers sliding around, and gun rack's rattling.

Bet it is quite fun. I would put the steelies on right away.

I will assume you are a Police Officer. First off thank you.
Second you sound like the State Trooper I spoke to.
He was excited that I could get the weight out it.
smile.gif

I am not sure about the steelies. I get people slowing down and acting stupid already with aftermarket rims and temp tags.

Put some Holden badges on it Mike, just like all the Commodore drivers here put Chev bow ties on theirs...That'll confuse a few of the locals
smile.gif

..I get people slowing down and acting stupid already with aftermarket rims and temp tags.

Get used to it... Short of painting it pink and putting a flashing neon sign that says "not a cop" on it, that is not likely to improve....

I mean even pulling a boat with a 15 year old Crown Vic they still did that stuff....

I'd put the steelies back on it myself...

Originally Posted By: hpb
Put some Holden badges on it Mike, just like all the Commodore drivers here put Chev bow ties on theirs...That'll confuse a few of the locals
smile.gif

Believe it or not, I saw a Holden Manaro (Our Pontiac "GTO") on the road a few years ago.

Looking back, I guess it could have been a rebadged Pontiac though.

Yes it confused me.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: hpb
smile.gif

It's very rare I like when people rebadge their vehicle with the import version, but in this scenario I would definitely consider it. Awesome car, congrats! Such a rarity to have in your fleet. And a nice sleeper!

I will assume you are a Police Officer. First off thank you.
Second you sound like the State Trooper I spoke to.
He was excited that I could get the weight out it.

I think he's the fleet manager based on previous posts.

Sorry. I just love this thing...Got the divider out. You can see in these pictures how clean it really is.
IMG_4087.jpg

IMG_4088.jpg

IMG_4089.jpg

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4091.jpg

IMG_4092.jpg

IMG_4094.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg

IMG_4096.jpg

IMG_4097.jpg

Driver's seat

Status