Goodyear Wrangler buy-and a chuckle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought 4 of these as the 235/75/15 on sale lately fits a couple of mine. The first one came today as shipped from LA by way of Dallas. The other 3 were also coming from LA, but maybe a more direct, but slower route-so possibly tomorrow. The chuckle was as I noted the date code as 12/19. They weren't warm from the mold, but not far I guess! Anyway, like a few batteries that I've bought 'before they were made' the date coding may be a little off.

I just ordered two sets the same size. On the WM app, they were $74/tire. I ordered a set. For some reason, I checked WM's website again and they were $54/tire. So I ordered that set and went back to the WM App to cancel the first set. About three days later, both sets shipped. One set came from Phoenix and one set from elsewhere. I wound up returning both sets when WM wouldn't mount them. My vehicle came with passenger tires originally. But since it currently had LT tires on it, WM wouldn't switch back.

That's kinda too bad. Should have found a hole-in-the-wall garage that'd mount them no questions asked.

Mine were $54 shipped which was cheaper for the 4 than 1 quick to wear out 20" Michelin on my wife's Venza. I had these mounted on 50+ year old big Buick wheels and don't even bother with the finicky tire chains. A good local shop has done this type of work without issue for many years.

Originally Posted by otis24
I wound up returning both sets when WM wouldn't mount them. My vehicle came with passenger tires originally. But since it currently had LT tires on it, WM wouldn't switch back.

Time to stick a fork in WM automotive. 100% brain dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back