Good trailer repair place in Houston area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know of a place that can change out the axles on my landscape trailer and do the job right? I'm thinking of putting torsion axles on and moving the fenders higher if necessary. Seems to be the easiest fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
You really want to spend all that money to make the floor a few inches lower? You seem to make problems out of things that don't bother 99.9% of anyone else.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
You really want to spend all that money to make the floor a few inches lower? You seem to make problems out of things that don't bother 99.9% of anyone else.

+10,000

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
Anyone know of a place that can change out the axles on my landscape trailer and do the job right? I'm thinking of putting torsion axles on and moving the fenders higher if necessary. Seems to be the easiest fix.

Why - are current axles damaged?

Commissioning someone for custom work and then hoping that they do a good job and the finished product meets your expectations is never "easy" and usually not cheap.

The easy fix is to shop for a trailer that is already built and meets your usage case better then trade yours for it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by mk378
The easy fix is to shop for a trailer that is already built and meets your usage case better then trade yours for it.
The easiest way would be to DIY, you don't need to be a pro mechanic to change axles on trailer.

The trailer being too high isn't the only issue. It's the axle to frame clearance that is the issue. THE axles pretty much rest against the frame.

Last edited by a moderator:
The trailer being too high isn't the only issue. It's the axle to frame clearance that is the issue. THE axles pretty much rest against the frame.

Is it spring under or spring over?

Originally Posted by Nick1994

Is it spring under or spring over?

Under. If we put the springs on top of the axle the trailer would be too high to load anything on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back