Good trailer repair place in Houston area?

Messages
5,988
Location
Houston, Texas
Anyone know of a place that can change out the axles on my landscape trailer and do the job right? I'm thinking of putting torsion axles on and moving the fenders higher if necessary. Seems to be the easiest fix.
 
Last edited:
Messages
7,072
Location
The Midwest
You really want to spend all that money to make the floor a few inches lower? You seem to make problems out of things that don't bother 99.9% of anyone else.
 
Messages
15,581
Location
In the shop
Originally Posted by skyactiv
You really want to spend all that money to make the floor a few inches lower? You seem to make problems out of things that don't bother 99.9% of anyone else.
+10,000
 
Messages
24,864
Location
Upstate NY
Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
Anyone know of a place that can change out the axles on my landscape trailer and do the job right? I'm thinking of putting torsion axles on and moving the fenders higher if necessary. Seems to be the easiest fix.
Why - are current axles damaged?
 
Messages
2,789
Location
USA
Commissioning someone for custom work and then hoping that they do a good job and the finished product meets your expectations is never "easy" and usually not cheap. The easy fix is to shop for a trailer that is already built and meets your usage case better then trade yours for it.
 
Last edited:
Messages
3,649
Location
Worst Case, Ontario
Originally Posted by mk378
The easy fix is to shop for a trailer that is already built and meets your usage case better then trade yours for it.
The easiest way would be to DIY, you don't need to be a pro mechanic to change axles on trailer.
 

motor_oil_madman

Thread starter
Messages
5,988
Location
Houston, Texas
The trailer being too high isn't the only issue. It's the axle to frame clearance that is the issue. THE axles pretty much rest against the frame.
 
Last edited:
Messages
12,583
Location
Phoenix, AZ
Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
The trailer being too high isn't the only issue. It's the axle to frame clearance that is the issue. THE axles pretty much rest against the frame.
Is it spring under or spring over?
 

motor_oil_madman

Thread starter
Messages
5,988
Location
Houston, Texas
Originally Posted by Nick1994
Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
The trailer being too high isn't the only issue. It's the axle to frame clearance that is the issue. THE axles pretty much rest against the frame.
Is it spring under or spring over?
Under. If we put the springs on top of the axle the trailer would be too high to load anything on
 
Top