Good site for comparing mfg oil specs on many different oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know how much you can rely on the info though, it had listed several full dino's as being Dexos and we know that's not possible. Typo or not, accuracy matters if you're gonna be using the site for comparison purposes.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Don't know how much you can rely on the info though, it had listed several full dino's as being Dexos and we know that's not possible. Typo or not, accuracy matters if you're gonna be using the site for comparison purposes.

Probably not perfect but IMO still a good place to start. With most if not all of the name brand oils listed links to the mfg website are provided for additional or information to verify what was listed on the pages.. How does anyone know anything is 100% correct or up to date? Check a few places if possible which this makes it easier..at least in many instances. Don't like or trust lt? Don't use it..That simple

To each his own brother, no need to get defensive about your little honey hole...I just thought people should know not all the info is accurate, what you do beyond that is on you. But as for me..I like to go to the source since formulas change. The only mfg website I hate visiting is Castrol's, other than them I can usually find what I'm looking for (up to date PDS/TDS) in a matter of minutes on most the majors websites.

Last edited:
Not defensive at all. Not my site. Accuracy.... How many times has even the mfg sites been behind current product? Besides posting specs, this site linked the oil companies web pages directly for an easily accessible, more detailed reference if someone wanted more info. I just find it amusing ....A guy posts he bought a new car and is proud of it..Some responders say congrats...Some say why did you buy such a piece of junk and not car xyz. Oil deals are posted..No matter how good the deal may seem, someone has to post they got the oil 6 years ago actually making $50 after rebates.so the newly posted deal actually sucks. Examples are endless.  But it's all good... Happy holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back