Glass Scrub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been using this bottle of Glass Science Glass Scrub for a while and it seems to work VERY WELL. I use it before applying the same company's "Rain Clear" and when used together like this it lasts an INCREDIBLY long time (like, I literally get a year or more between reapplications). Has anybody heard of this? Nothing on Amazon or Autogeek; looks like its been renamed to Glass Renew by the manufacture... Sure would like to know where to source some more when I run out of these two products!

I clay bar my windshield and lay down a coat of aquapel at the start of winter. Begins to wear off at the end of summer before I redo it

Rain-X makes something called Rain-X Xtreme Clean, which is basically a gel/paste you squeeze out consisting of soapy stuff plus aluminum oxide, which is enough to scrub contaminants off of glass but not the glass itself. I've been using it for years and it's readily available at your local Walmart.

If you use it with a power tool (like an orbital) it goes to town. Every time I wash and wax the car I use it. Gets all of the crap off the windshield plus removes old Rain-X too if you want to remove that for some reason. Then I follow it up with fresh Rain-X.

https://www.rainx.com/product/glass-water-repellents-cleaners/rainx-xtreme-clean/#.W6lujvZFxGM

Those products are made by Unelko Corp., the company that invented Rain-X.

After they sold R-X to SOPUS, they continued to market glass care products under that brand. O'Reilly used to carry them, but hasn't for a while.

The original feldspar 1886 formula Bon Ami can leave micro scratches in glass as well, if used regularly.

Originally Posted by NoNameJoe
Rain-X makes something called Rain-X Xtreme Clean, which is basically a gel/paste you squeeze out consisting of soapy stuff plus aluminum oxide, which is enough to scrub contaminants off of glass but not the glass itself. I've been using it for years and it's readily available at your local Walmart.

I do like that stuff. It's not even necessary to use it often.

Originally Posted by Carmudgeon
The original feldspar 1886 formula Bon Ami can leave micro scratches in glass as well, if used regularly.

I suppose anything can scratch glass if you are not gentle. I do it once a month or so, wet the windshield first, sprinkle a small amount and wipe it gently with a microfiber sponge not scrub it like I am trying to remove a layer of paint.
No visible micro scratches at nigh .
Ace hardware usually doesn't have it in stock but they do carry it and will order it for you to pick up in store with no shipping charges, they also have Sno Seal cheap if you order it.

sno seal! love that stuff..been using it ever since my father taught me how to treat my boots. laces out, scrub clean and dry...then turn the oven on low, pou the boots in and pull em out one at a time and melt that stuff in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back