General Tire

Watching the ARCA Race tonite in Bristol TN

The cars are all using General Tire Race Tires!!!!
Had know idea !!

I personally would vote for a switch to General Tires over Loseryear (Goodyear) tires for the Cup Series !!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
Be a nice change in my book !!!๐Ÿ‘

Exactly what is wrong with the Goodyears they run now? Not that simple- especially with the NASCAR cars going to 18 inch tires in 2021. The engineering, testing and production cost would be stagering.
Remember when Hoosier tried to break into NASCAR?

Last edited:
Watching the ARCA Race tonite in Bristol TN

The cars are all using General Tire Race Tires!!!!
Had know idea !!

I personally would vote for a switch to General Tires over Loseryear (Goodyear) tires for the Cup Series !!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
Be a nice change in my book !!!๐Ÿ‘
While reading another thread related to behavior ... I could not help but think how much friction is caused here by brand bashing ...
Its one thing to describe an actual and relative experience ... but widespread brand bashing is mostly useless

I guess Purolator and MC 820 filters are safe now under the no bashing policy

I guess Purolator and MC 820 filters are safe now under the no bashing policy
I think we come here to gain perspectives and to use those brands:
I trust the FL910S more than some of the larger MCโ€™s
(maybe thatโ€™s how low strength material works)
I trust the aftermarket Goodyear Duratrac more than a factory RSA โ€ฆ
I trust Lucas power steering fluid more than their oil additives โ€ฆ
These are things I have experience with โ€ฆ and it lines up โ€ฆ

I used Lucas power steering Stop Leak last weekend and it turned 10 years of puddles on my garage floor under the front axle, to bone dry on my Kubota tractor in one day. The stuff absolutely works. I used 8 ounces of a 32 ounce bottle of Lucas and changed out 2 qts of 70W90 gear oil for ersatz Mercon V ATF. Oil in my crankcase, I leave alone.

Continental Tire owns both Hoosier and General and make most race tires for all 3 brands out of their Indiana plant.
And a few years ago ARCA ran Hoosier. Back when Grand Am/IMSA ran Continental tires, they were literally Hoosier road race tires labeled at Continental.

While reading another thread related to behavior ... I could not help but think how much friction is caused here by brand bashing ...
Its one thing to describe an actual and relative experience ... but widespread brand bashing is mostly useless

Lucas octane boost is actually a legitimate octane booster... It was tested years ago and it raised octane 2.8 full numbers or 28 points. The container now says it raises it up 3 numbers.

Back