Gen 5 Rams (2019+)

It definitely feels like a car weight wise and rides like one in the street and highway. I prefer my slightly older last generation Silverado because of the ride. Somehow the Z71 dampens the bumps and according to our middle Son the Silverado doesn't feel like a Rollercoaster in the cab. He gets motion sickness time to time and he is a lot more comfortable in the Silverado.

One thing we all know is that most guys are very biased when it comes to trucks. I live on 5 acres, need a truck and have test driven several in the past 2 years. The Ram 1500 is the best driving full size truck period. Best transmission, best ride, best interior, quiet, best freeway cruiser, best for your occupants.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
One thing we all know is that most guys are very biased when it comes to trucks. I live on 5 acres, need a truck and have test driven several in the past 2 years. The Ram 1500 is the best driving full size truck period. Best transmission, best ride, best interior, quiet, best freeway cruiser, best for your occupants.

Bingo^. It is legendary how good it is. Seriously.

Looks like a sweet ride and it has the options I would want.

Hemi
8.4" screen
Heated /vented seats
Heated wheel
Class IV hitch

But I'm biased as I work at a RAM store.

First time Ram owner here. 2018 1500 Express 5.7 Hemi. Nice ride, fuel efficient, and you get to see plenty a Silverado's in the rearview mirror.

My 2020 Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearl Laramie. Flat out awesome vehicle!

[Linked Image]

Son in law has one and I have driven it quite a bit. I told him not to let me drive it anymore. I told him that I was falling in love with it. I was! His is loaded with all kinds of options and was blacked out from the factory. Nicest PU I have ever driven.

I keep hearing about cam , lifter , valve spring , etc. problems with the Hemi . Is that really that common ? Did the factory fix the problem ?

Thanks , :)

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
I keep hearing about cam , lifter , valve spring , etc. problems with the Hemi . Is that really that common ? Did the factory fix the problem ?

Thanks , :)

I've read up on that a lot and for everyone that eats a camshaft there are a 100 other people bragging on having over 200k, I think its just one of those quirks that most every engine has aka a few bad apples. For whatever reason a lot of the apples seem to be 2011's.

To the OP I absolutely love my 2016 and IMO its definitely the nicest riding truck with the best interior out there. Newest ones are really more of an update than an all-new type thing so I think its pretty fair to compare them. You'll love it once you drive one.

I have a 1-ton dually. Not really comparable to the 1/2 ton drivetrain wise, but I will say that the interior (which is comparable to the 1/2 ton) on a highly optioned model is a nice place to spend time. I've had no issues.

I work for enterprise rent a car and i have put some seat time in the last gen and current gen ram, the f150 when it had the 6 speed and the new 10 speed, and the chevy 1500 with the 6 speed and 10 speed. My least favorite pickup is the chevy. The interior is not as nice as the ram or the ford. The ford has the second best interior and the ram has the best interior. The overall feel of the ram whether its a base model or optioned out is very solid. The interior is so nice. Its well put together and very quiet. The overall ride of the ram is fantastic. the steering is nice, shifting is great, and it has good power. I feel you have to have the king ranch ford in order to match the interior quality of a lesser model ram. The ram is my favorite pickup with the ford a close second. The ford feels more truck like where as the ram feels more like a car. I am 5 foot 6 and the ram fits me nicely. Overall the ram just has the best interior, good power, very nice steering, great transmission and best ride quality. One little thing i noticed from the previous generation ram to the current one is how nice the shift knob feels. The previous generation knob was nice but this generations knob feels like absolute silk when you are turning it. It really adds to the quality feel of the interior. Its really all the little details in the rams interior that add up and make it stand out.

I'm not a truck guy but, I've owned a truck('72 Power Wagon). If I were to get a truck(due to my needs/lack of & driving style), I'd get the RAM. Mainly for its ride quality and quiet interior. And because I don't need a truck except for the once every 2 year trip to Home Depot.

Trucks are riding much better than ever before. Everytime I get in any of my buddies new trucks(any truck), I am impressed with the ride quality and quiet even compared to a good riding/quiet sedan. And the seat comfort in these new trucks in unmatched except by their full frame SUV brothers.

As Consumer Reports mentioned in one of their "Talking Cars" videos, the FORD is the better truck, the RAM is the better car. GM is somewhere in the middle...mainly talking about the RAMs new ride & quite, luxurious interior

Last edited:
Every 2nd or 3rd week on here somebody starts a new thread about buying a new or newwer Dodge/Titan/Chevy/etc.. What gives???

Back