Gen 5 Rams (2019+)

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by OilReport99
Originally Posted by super20dan
I wouldn't buy and of the domestics as they ALL have engine issues thanks to café standards tundra only choice

Ever heard about commas? Also, can you provide any technical data to back up your statement?

It's not BITOG until someone comes in about how the domestics are bad an only Toyota makes anything worth buying. You'd think if the Tundra was so great, they'd sell better than they currently do
whistle.gif

Love me some Toyotas, but I hate evetime this Tundra-is-the-real-[censored] comes up.

I was in a 2016 and really liked it. Transmission was really nice. My uncle has a 2019 Warlock with the 3.6L. Nice truck.

Drove a 2019 all last year as my work truck. 5.7, Laramie trim.

Fantastic. If you have to have a V8 I think the 5.7 hemi and ZF 8-speed is the best available.

Great gas mileage and the combo is ultra smooth.

RAm interiors are night and day better than the current f150 and GM at any level above SL/XL/Tradesman.

Diesel in a half ton makes no sense to me.

I wouldn't buy and of the domestics as they ALL have engine issues thanks to café standards tundra only choice

Tundra is the only choice if you want 13 MPG. Maybe CAFE isn't all that bad for the consumer. My F150 would get nearly 20MPG before I loaded the truck box with a floor jack, compressor, tools and recovery gear. I still get about 18!

I never understood the import vs domestic mindset. I love all trucks.
I've looked at '19 Tundras and they still look p!ssah, even for an old design. You can't beat the Ram interior though. GMC comes close, but Ram gets the win.

Regarding engines, The domestics outsell Toyota Tundra 5,6 and 9 to 1. Toyota sold 111,xxx units in 2019. Ford sold nearly 900,000! There will likely be a higher number of issues. You're going to compare the reliability of a GM LS engine to any other?!?! There's like a million of them driving around with 300k on them.
All trucks have issues. BTW, how's your rear frame rails? How about them ball joints?

I think it's time to put this domestic/import nonsense to bed.

Of course you believe this. Have you every thought the Tundra only has about 3% of the reported issues of the domestics because it has about 3% sales of the domestics?

Yeah, I wouldn't consider an Ecodiesel Ram 1500 unless it was a deal enough to tack on some sort of long term bumper/bumper warranty coverage and still be ahead.

I do love the comfort of my 4th gen Ram 1500 interior. The plastics are FCA typical but at ~3yrs/55K miles she's still squeak/rattle free and still looks new inside aside from the standard grey interior seats water staining so easily.

I always host myself up towards the center of the seat so I don't mash down the bolsters on the seat pan and side.

[Linked Image]

Picked her up on Saturday. 2020 Bighorn 2wd with a level 2 pkg, 3.21 gears, bucket seats, anti-slip rear diff and the 5.7L eTorque. $13,250 off msrp. Settled for a truck that only contained the necessities.

Truck drives great for a 1/2 ton. The start/stop is as smooth as my Prius. This truck has a 3/2020 build date so almost all of the TSB issues have been addressed.

First tank of 75/25 highway/city driving was 18.1mpg (computer showed 18.9). Current tank of slower 100% highway driving is showing 23 mpg so far. Build quality is great with the exception of a nut on the intake manifold bracket that was only threaded on a few turns...but I was easily able to resolve that myself.

Planning to install SS Mopar side steps, Line-X bedliner, PPF, tint, ceramic paint coating and a Rakbak MX4 cover.

Last edited:
Nice! Great choice
cheers3.gif

You're already getting better gas mileage than the Frontier I had.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by buster
Nice! Great choice
cheers3.gif

lol.gif

He's getting better MPG in this truck than I get in my Charger, too.
smile.gif

That truck will be in service for a long time.
You will love the spray in liner; only way to fly.
Well done Michael.

My cowboy friends tell me, "Ya ain't sXXX if ya ain't got a truck."

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by buster
Nice! Great choice
cheers3.gif

lol.gif

He's getting better MPG in this truck than I get in my Charger, too.
smile.gif

Yes, my wife's smoked my Jeep on fuel economy too, lol

Back