Gas Buddy Card to pay?

Hello, I was looking at the gas buddy web site and saw they have some card to pay with? Anyone know about this? Is it worth it? does it save money? Supposedly you link it to your debit card and it works like your debit card but applies discount rates?

GET IT !!!!!!
thumbsup2.gif

I have had it since Jan and its AWESOME !! Have the premium membership $15 a month but includes free roadside assistance and YES I have used it with no problems
thumbsup2.gif

I literally pays for it self I save $50-75 a month on @ the pump prices

Dave

The Citi Costco card gets me 4% back on fuel, all year. My Discover and Chase Freedom have 5% back several times a year(just ended 2nd quarter). I spend over $1k in fuel a year so it adds up.

GMDave, I spend $1.98 for six months of roadside from State Farm so maybe rethink the $15/month.

i have the freebie account with a separate card, saves me 3 cents per gallon...on rare occassion I qualify for 10 cents a gallon

So is the free account similar to Shell Rewards?

Five cents off per gallon, and their station is about 20 cents higher than the Valero next door?

We probably only spend $30 per week on fuel, so the savings might not be there for me.

But the guy with 5 SUV's in his signature, is getting his money's worth.

Originally Posted by GMguy84
GET IT !!!!!!
thumbsup2.gif

I have had it since Jan and its AWESOME !! Have the premium membership $15 a month but includes free roadside assistance and YES I have used it with no problems
thumbsup2.gif

Dave

Running around the metro-plex area looking for all of those close out oil deals, I guess you would be saving $50-$75 a month on fuel!
57.gif

Seriously though, how many miles a month are you driving and what amount per gallon is the Gas Buddy program saving you?

And sorry, I do not have a gasbuddy free account, I have a fuel rewards free account....but I look at gasbuddy.com to check local prices.

Originally Posted by Barkleymut
And sorry, I do not have a gasbuddy free account, I have a fuel rewards free account....but I look at gasbuddy.com to check local prices.

I also have a shell fuel rewards card and guess what ????????? Shell lets me "double dip" using my FR Shell card .05 cents off per gallon AND I can still use my buddy discount card
banana2.gif
01.gif

If I remember back in May the planets lined up and I saved something like like 45 cents a gallon using my Gad buddy card AND Shell rewards and this is when fuel was $1.25 in Dallas area lol. BOTH My Suburban and Silverado were FILLED UP that day
thumbsup2.gif

Dave

Originally Posted by ls973800
Originally Posted by GMguy84
GET IT !!!!!!
thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Dave

Running around the metro-plex area looking for all of those close out oil deals, I guess you would be saving $50-$75 a month on fuel!
57.gif

Seriously though, how many miles a month are you driving and what amount per gallon is the Gas Buddy program saving you?

LOL funny guy. I dont drive all around JUST to look for clearance oils. I sell collector parts on ebay and buy/flip cars for now cause NO ONE is hiring in my work sector due to you know what

For June I averaged 75 miles a day driving. Prices and discounts vary depending on that day and what part of Dallas or north Texas i'm in. For now Racetrac has the BEST gas buddy discount prices avg 15-20 cents off a gallon for me being a premium member
thumbsup2.gif

Dave

Originally Posted by LotI
GMDave, I spend $1.98 for six months of roadside from State Farm so maybe rethink the $15/month.

Well I have lol
cool.gif
. I have state farm innsurance(Last 12 years) But in 2018 they suspended my roadside cause from their words/my agent "I used it to much"
27.gif

Dave

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JustinH
But the guy with 5 SUV's in his signature, is getting his money's worth.

You should know this is Texas. Guns. steaks, and everyone owns 5 SUVS and a nice beater Chevy Crew cab Pickup
thumbsup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
01.gif

Back